VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 26, 2008, 03:16 AM
VGMdb Staff

I changed the release date from November 1st to December 16th, as per the the Japanese wiki page for MGS3.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:27 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater: The First Bite Premium Key Disc

From all the parts I read it seems that the first bite always comes after the normal title. Might it be titled wrong?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:21 AM

Is this the only disc with the Akiko Wada version of the song?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 01:05 PM

....Meh....

Last edited by emuxer; Nov 11, 2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 03:31 AM

I agree with you emuxer, I see Camouflage Disc, and not premium key
Old Nov 5, 2013, 07:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuxer View Post
Shouldn't the title be:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater: The First Bite Special Camouflage Key Disc?
The disc and the booklet has that written and there's no place where "Premium Key Disc" is written (although in the CD it is misspelled as "Comouflage").
Probably, the title was just copied from somewhere else and no one checked what was actually printed until you did.

In fact, I checked GMR and, sure enough, it had "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Premium Key Disc - The First Bite." We used to have that exact title until 2008 when seanne made a stylistic edit to move "The First Bite" to the beginning, and no one's bothered to touch it since then.

Maybe you could've just fixed the title at some point in the last two weeks instead of passive aggressively implying in your signature that this album represents anything other than old data that hasn't been properly verified? I don't see anyone, staff or otherwise, defending "Premium Key Disc."

EDIT: I didn't put the "Special Camouflage Key Disc" part in the display title because the front and back don't include it. It's only in the inside of the booklet, where it's shunted off to the side, and on the disc, where it's small and separated from the rest of the title by the tracklist. I think it might actually be a description of the disc itself or the CD-Extra contents and not really part of the album title?

Last edited by CHz; Nov 5, 2013 at 07:30 PM.