VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:56 PM

She was hooked with Kazane (twice) and Mirau, both of who are voice actors for Hentai games, but is there any official confirmation on it? I know there are lots of speculation on them and I can imagine those familiar with her voice can conclude they are the same person, but their wikipedia entries are separated, for example, so I think it'd be better to keep this 'speculation' in the note field, like we did for Gabriela Robin.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I got a PM from hellgiar with this as the source. Maybe you can determine if it's reliable.

http://beautyplanets.web.fc2.com/VADB/actor/c_1851.html
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:10 PM

This is not wikipedia nor official site, and many seiyuus like Asakawa Yuu and Hyo-sei got their aliases added here too, so why not?

Last edited by XdT69ngp-qI; Mar 11, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I got a PM from hellgiar with this as the source. Maybe you can determine if it's reliable.
I read their forum and it seems we can request the site administrator to hook multiple voice actors, a) if more than two websites regard them as the same person or b) if they are seen as the same person in a respective thread in 2ch, so I think they have a looser standard than us. For instance, they decided to hook Harumi Sakurai with Wakana Seragi, just because one blog and one database said so, while neither of them provided a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellgiar View Post
This is not wikipedia nor official site, and many seiyuus like Asakawa Yuu and Hyo-sei got their aliases added here too, so why not?
You'd be right, with regard to some of our artist entries which are hooked with the unconfirmed aliases, and maybe we should take care of unsourced ones.

(before that, I'd like to listen to what fans of hentai games and experts on hentai voice acting think of, since it's likely that they have a different stance than us. Not sure if we ever have so many like that around here though).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I read their forum and it seems we can request the site administrator to hook multiple voice actors, a) if more than two websites regard them as the same person or b) if they are seen as the same person in a respective thread in 2ch, so I think they have a looser standard than us. For instance, they decided to hook Harumi Sakurai with Wakana Seragi, just because one blog and one database said so, while neither of them provided a source.

You'd be right, with regard to some of our artist entries which are hooked with the unconfirmed aliases, and maybe we should take care of unsourced ones.

(before that, I'd like to listen to what fans of hentai games and experts on hentai voice acting think of, since it's likely that they have a different stance than us. Not sure if we ever have so many like that around here though).
I play H game sometimes, and I am sure they are the same person.

It's very easy to determine the "secret side" and "public stance" of a seiyu: when H games are adapted into animes, it seems that another seiyu takes the role of the character. However if you observe carefully everytime the same pair of seiyus voice one character.

e.g.
Kimura Ayaka → Inokuchi Yuka
Misaki Rina → Itou Shizuka
Kazane → Sakurai Harumi

Of course the most trustworthy source is your ears. If you are familiar with seiyus, you can determine who he/she is by just listening to one line. (by voice, breathing and articulation...am I using the correct words?)

Most of these seiyus hint about their "secret side" in radios so fans consider it as an open secret.

Last edited by XdT69ngp-qI; Mar 11, 2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:02 AM

Can we insert the name now?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:30 AM

The reason why I don't feel comfortable is because we normally maintain a tougher standard (especially on composer credits) and don't allow editors to submit information not evidenced by a source. For instance, if someone saying "Composer A and Composer B must be the same person because their music sounds the same to me!" tries to hook their entries, I swear the edit wouldn't be approved by any Staff here, but should we loosen up this stance in some areas, and accept performer identification by ears or information which is "apparently true since everybody says so"? I'm not certain.

On the other hand, many Seiyuus have been seperating names for H games, and some aliases are an open secret. Also, we, myself included, might have hooked those aliases without much confirmation (like Oto Megumi). An compromise might be to judge each on a case by case basis and compare voice between multiple users, although I don't know how many H-games fans are around here.

The following is my biased opinion, but I have a couple more reasons; VGMdb is mainly targetting something musical and thus it's inevitable that we're inferior to a more H game-specific database in coverage, so while those sites can tell who are whose aliases, often merely based on speculation, we don't necessarily. Plus, there is a case we respect artists even at the expense of coverage (example). I can easily imagine the aliases for H games aren't something Seiyuus are pleased that we're eagerly covering, and it can be more problematic than composers scoring H game soundtracks.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, we should just put it in the notes until it is confirmed, both for reasons of accuracy and sensitivity to the artist.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:06 PM

Then shouldn't the aliases of Awakawa Yuu, Itou Shizuka...etc be removed too?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:18 AM

Sure. I moved or delinked the credits.