VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 17, 2017, 04:34 AM

I've written "Jigoku Meguri" instead of "Bonze Adventure" since it doesn't seem to have been localized to the west, unlike the arcade version.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 02:29 AM

Credits for Jigoku Meguri. Any idea if any of these are composers? I looked up all names on VGMdb, but I couldn't find anyone that seemed plausible.

Staff: M. Fukazawa, H. Kato, H. Takahashi, Y. Suguhara, H. Ichisumi, Y. Takasu, K. Asakura, T. Kasuya, T. Kuniyosi, K. Hisa, K. Sasaki, H. Yamamoto, S. Nakada, K. Kusatu
Old Mar 21, 2017, 02:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The last one is probably Kiyoshi Kusatsu. Don't know about anyone else.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 02:25 PM

Think he might've been responsible for music?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 02:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm sure Kusatsu had a sound role of some sort, but it's impossible to tell if anyone else did when a bunch of people are unidentified and the credits don't specify roles. I wouldn't list him as the composer in the notes here, if that's what you're getting at.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 02:58 PM

Alright, guess I'll just consider that game as being composed by ZUNTATA.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 07:46 AM

The Japanese Wikipedia has the credits to Champion Wrestler:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83...83%A9%E3%83%BC

PC-Engine credits
サウンド:小倉久佳、TARCHIN1990
Sound done by Hisayoshi Ogura and somebody named TARCHIN1990. No idea who he is but I'm confident that Ogura did the music porting

Arcade credits
サウンド:POCHI(大縫一行)、きたむらひでひと
The original arcade sound (music and SE) were done by Pochi (Kazuyuki Ohnui) and Hidehito Kitamura. We know that Ohnui is a ZUNTATA member but I have no idea who's Kitamura. IMO Kitamura could be one of the outsourcing composers/sound designers hired by Taito like Takami Asano, Shizuo Aizawa, Shiro Imaoka (I think Aizawa and Imaoka are the same person), Pinch-Punch (Yoshinori Ohashi, Kenji Nishi and C.I) and Hidetoshi Fukumori. I think Ohnui did the music while Kitamura did the sound effects. This Kitamura guy also appeared in the credits for Battle Shark