VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 25, 2022, 04:16 PM

I do hope this is reissued without the exclusive e-store thing ala Octopath Traveler.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 04:03 AM

Huh, are they even doing anything to the OST or is it effectiveluy just a rerelease?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 05:26 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Now that the standalone soundtrack has been announced, it seems it will only feature two unreleased songs (alternate versions of "We Are Pirates") and one new arrangement ("Melody of Evil and Divinity (More Wicked!)").
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:25 AM

Not really worth it then. Sad to see so many previously great publishers now just retreading their 90s-early 2000s games and ost releases and slapping a "remastered" on it.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 07:19 AM

My copy arrived last week; unfortunately I don't have a scanner readily accessible anymore, so I probably will not have scans up.

It comes in the (pictured in display) box with the Remastered logo on it and houses all five discs. Fifth disc is an EP with four tracks, I imagine this gives them room to put out the entire 2022 show for purchase at a later date. Tracks are "The Land of Giants - Melodies of Good and Evil," "The Ultimate Trial - Oblivion Calling," "Ardent Rhythm," & "Minuet."

Unfortunately I could not make out the arrangers as that information wasn't available in English and I don't recognize the Japanese offhand.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 09:28 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerG View Post
My copy arrived last week; unfortunately I don't have a scanner readily accessible anymore, so I probably will not have scans up.

It comes in the (pictured in display) box with the Remastered logo on it and houses all five discs. Fifth disc is an EP with four tracks, I imagine this gives them room to put out the entire 2022 show for purchase at a later date. Tracks are "The Land of Giants - Melodies of Good and Evil," "The Ultimate Trial - Oblivion Calling," "Ardent Rhythm," & "Minuet."

Unfortunately I could not make out the arrangers as that information wasn't available in English and I don't recognize the Japanese offhand.
Since you can't scan anything, you can just take a clear picture of the page with the arrangers and share it with us in the VGMdb Discord. One of us in there will transcribe the arrangers.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
Not really worth it then. Sad to see so many previously great publishers now just retreading their 90s-early 2000s games and ost releases and slapping a "remastered" on it.
What's 'sad' to you is very welcome to many of us. Saga Frontier got a fantastic upgrade and from I've heard Minstrel Song got some nice extra stuff and QoL as well. Not to mention just having the game officially on PC is very welcome.

As for OSTs? Music rereleases have always been a thing. Are you really salty that something from 20 years ago is available again? This is hardly a "now" thing (also is games, but it never was as prominant as now, granted.....but in music? For sure)
Old Dec 13, 2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Since you can't scan anything, you can just take a clear picture of the page with the arrangers and share it with us in the VGMdb Discord. One of us in there will transcribe the arrangers.
Oh, absolutely. I'm in my busy season at work but I can definitely do this. I just felt bad withholding the information when I have it and also for not being able to do a full update. I'll take the photo when I'm home tonight.

Re: music rereleases, RSMS wasn't on SEM originally to begin with, so I imagine they would've wanted to reissue it regardless of new content with this release. I'm happy for it even if unreleased versions of "Pirates!" is not something I ever needed.