VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 26, 2022, 06:57 PM
VGMdb Staff

@SaintSquall You can't have two tracklists with a different number of tracks. The system doesn't work that way.

The 24 track "back cover" tracklist should be kept since that's what is actually on the disc: https://freedbtest.dyndns.org/dbread...track/5e0c7318

The "disc" tracklist with 12 tracks should be deleted.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 07:38 PM
Trusted Editor

I didn't think the different number of tracks would be a problem but OK I'm removing it.
I also hesitated to put a tracklist with the titles "Opening Theme", "Buffoon", "Desperate Situation" etc and subtracks as on the LP and cassette versions, however these titles are not numbered here. I guess putting them in the notes is enough.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 08:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
I didn't think the different number of tracks would be a problem but OK I'm removing it.
I also hesitated to put a tracklist with the titles "Opening Theme", "Buffoon", "Desperate Situation" etc and subtracks as on the LP and cassette versions, however these titles are not numbered here. I guess putting them in the notes is enough.
@SaintSquall The issue is that the second tracklist inherits the track lengths of the default tracklist, so the 2nd tracklist was showing something like 30 minutes for the disc length. It was taking the track lengths from 1~12 of the default tracklist and applying them to the 2nd tracklist.

Last edited by cal; Sep 27, 2022 at 08:59 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 09:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Ah ok I understand better. Indeed it was problematic.