VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 6, 2014, 05:21 PM

Original Resident Evil 1, after all these years no soundtrack release D:
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:41 PM

What I always wondered about is, why Square Enix never released the magnificent soundtrack from "Dungeon Siege III" by Jason Graves. While the best parts of "Tomb Raider"(2013), which was by the same composer, seem to be taken right from DS3, TR got a a CD release, when Dungeon Siege's soundtrack has a better overall quality and more variation and got none.
(For example, compare TR's "Main Theme" with DS3's "Credits" )

Last edited by Midoryu; Jun 11, 2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Improved readability.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:47 AM

The music in Driver 2 for PSX is awesome too, sadly this game wasn't released even on PSN [only driver 1]
Old Jul 6, 2014, 07:54 PM

Mega Man X4. Not only it's the only Mega Man game that I like in general, but it has a wonderful soundtrack. Kind of baffles me that they never released a separate soundtrack CD for it; the music quality is technically superb, and the compositions are great. Also, The Revenge Of Shinobi; Koshiro could provide some demos (if he has any), so we could have a nice CD release, kind of like the Sonic 1 & 2 soundtrack release.

Last edited by caiol92; Jul 6, 2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 07:19 AM
Trusted Editor

Koshiro, as far as I know, never did MIDI demos for his FM stuff, rather he'd make a "demo" of them on his PC-8801. The version found on the OST is the PC-8801 sound source, so basically they're the demo versions, if that makes sense.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:09 PM

Interesting. Well, that CD must be one of the rarest things to find, since I didn't find it in any of the sites that I know. Is there any other official release where the full game score can be found?

Last edited by caiol92; Jul 10, 2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 PM

ooh how could i overlook one of the best games on the SNES- mickey mania? i can't believe i forgot it! i love all the music in that game & dare i say it's better then any mario or zelda game too bad it didn't get an official ost it is one of the only good quality licensed games! oh also add walt disney world quest magical racing tour (GBC) to the list it had surprisingly good music!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:33 AM

Anyone metioned Mario Kart 8? Don't belive all that staff work for no separate CD release...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 04:43 AM

Unless I missed it I'm surprised no one has mentioned Demon's Crest for the SNES/Super Famicom. Easily #1 on my list of games that need an official soundtrack.

The Retro Section of gamesTM issue 153 dedicates pages to this series. Turns out there's a lot more games in the Ghouls 'N Ghosts 'N Goblins universe than I realized. I'd love it if Capcom released a box set containing all the music for the G 'N G games and their offshoots: Gargoyle's Quest, Demon's Crest etc. Heck, why not go crazy and throw in the Maximo OSTs, too? May as well include everything that's already out there while we're at it. Perhaps they could do this to celebrate a reboot of the series (preferably in 2D thank you- though I'll take what I can get).

Maybe I've gotten a little caried away here but seeing that a few of the OSTs mentioned earlier on this list now exist shows anything is possible. To me it seems this is a Collection just begging to be made...

Retro Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time voting now open!
http://www.retrogamer.net/blog_post/...e-voting-open/
Old Oct 18, 2014, 05:17 AM

^ A wish come true : http://vgmdb.net/album/3119
Old Oct 18, 2014, 08:52 PM

Oh sweet Lord...

Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:39 AM

There's a lot mentioned that I would want: Ninja Warrios Again, Plok, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Super Aleste, Brandish 4, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Lords of Thunder, Wolfchild, Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, Jet Moto, Jet Moto 2, Snowboard Kids, Dracula X, Battletoads and Double Dragon, Sonic and Knuckles & Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Tetris Attack, Tetris & Dr. Mario, Mario Paint, Sparkster and Lawnmower Man.

While we're mentioning those, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Brandish 2 [Super Famicom], Snowboard Kids 2 and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs would be nice.

I've noticed 2 mentioned earlier do have a soundtrack release:

M.U.S.H.A.

Donkey Kong Country Trilogy

There's a lot I would like to see:

Super Famicom: Hyper Iria, Farland Story, Farland Story 2, Dragon Knight 4, B.O.B., Darius Twin, Asterix & Obelix, The Great Battle IV, The Great Battle V, Crystal Beans, Rejoice, Wagyan Paradise, Lupin the 3rd, Dark Law: Meaning of Death, GO Go Ackman, The King of Dragons, Super Variable Geo, Ace o Nerae!, Marvelous, Ranma 1/2 series, 3x3 Eyes: Juuma Houkan, Brain Lord, Kiki Kai Kai, Kiki Kai kai 3, F-1 Grand Prix series, Super F-1 Hero, Suzuka 8 Hours, Dolucky's A-League Soccer, Lagoon, Zennihon Pro Wrestling 2, Hokuto no Ken series, Super Tetris 3, First Queen, G.O.D. (I've wondered what the relationship is between this and Last Bible III is since they use a similar song), Monstania, SD Hiryu no Ken, Combatribes, Famicom Tantei Club 2, Cu-on-Pa, Imperium, Jim Power, Yoshi's Safari, Super Puyo Puyo 2, Granhistoria, Kunio Tachi no Bannka, Idea no Hi, Rendring Ranger R2, War of the Gems (for that ending theme), Alien vs Predator, Brawl Brothers, The Lord of the Rings, Knights of the Round, Hourai Gakuen no Bouken, '96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken, Mahour Kishi Reisau, Soul & Sword, Traverse: Starlight and Prairie, Gokujyo Parodius, Tokimeki Memorial, Battle Zeque-Den, Final Fight, Metal Max 2, Maka Maka, Star fox 2, Human Grand Prix 3, Super Final Match Tennis, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, Mother 2 (needs a complete release), Alcahest, Greylancer, Radical Dreamers, Super Double Dragon, Secret of Evermore (a full OST), Super R-Type, Undercover Cops (I know there's an arcade version), Captain Tsubasa III, Waterworld, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Power of the Hired, Hook, Tenshi no Uta, Bio Metal (Japanese version), Human Grand Prix, Mr. Nutz and YS IV: Mask of the Sun.

Others are: Vay (Sega CD), Ai Cho Aniki (PC Engine) (Original sound instead of Arranged), Ys Book I & II, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Tokimeki Memorial (PC- Engine), Mother 3 (needs a complete OSV release), YS III: Wanderers of YS (PC Engine), Wings of Death, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GameCube), Alien Storm (arcade version), Far the Earth no Jakoutei: Neo Metal Fantasy (PC Engine).

That's all I can think of right now.

Maybe one day, but not likely.

Last edited by Spirit_Chaser; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 04:05 AM

Strugglepoo made me aware that my dream collection already exists (owe ya one!) so I'd like to pass along the favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiol92 View Post
Mega Man X4. Not only it's the only Mega Man game that I like in general, but it has a wonderful soundtrack. Kind of baffles me that they never released a separate soundtrack CD for it
If you're looking for the Mega Man X4 OST by itself Capcom's U.S. store has it for 8.95 + S&H:
http://shop.capcom.com

You may also be interested in these collections:

http://vgmdb.net/album/256

http://vgmdb.net/album/41784

Currently the latter is still available at CD Japan where I got mine. I had been searching the former for years when the other popped up. Glad I waited.

And hey, X4 is my favorite, too. Remember chasing the helmet upgrade in Cyber Peacock's stage? Awesome.

Oh, right- soundtracks. Well, I got fed up with its nonexistence and made my own Tetris Attack OST so I'll second... Dungeon Siege III, and raise it one Doom II. And aren't we due for more Manabu Namiki Works volumes- namely Armed Police Batrider? How about a complete Godhand soundtrack? Or a redone Super Metroid Sound in Action OST? Metroid Prime Trilogy? Now that Nintendo is shifting focus back to the core gamer maybe we'll be seeing more soundtracks from them. Here's hoping they and other companies continue keeping the VGM community happy and this list doesn't get any bigger than it absolutely has to.

In a perfect world Strugglepoo (or anyone) would be able to respond to every request on this thread.

Last edited by waxattax; Oct 20, 2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:16 AM

There's no official release for Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny, right? It was an old Adventure game, originally released on Sony's PlayStation® 2 and later ported to PC/Xbox/PSP. I'd love to have the Main Menu BGM in higher quality, same goes for its variations.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
There's no official release for Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny, right? It was an old Adventure game, originally released on Sony's PlayStation® 2 and later ported to PC/Xbox/PSP. I'd love to have the Main Menu BGM in higher quality, same goes for its variations.
Yep, no official soundtrack for this one (Ivalice Alliance also mentioned it earlier in the thread). Rips are reasonable, but there is a whole load of beautiful music in this game that remains inextricable from the cutscene audio (I always think of the scene where Eike is reunited with Dana in the 1580s). It would be a stunning release... in our hyper-connected new world might someone be able to reach out to Norikazu Miura and ask about the possibility of this?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by student41269 View Post
Yep, no official soundtrack for this one (Ivalice Alliance also mentioned it earlier in the thread). Rips are reasonable, but there is a whole load of beautiful music in this game that remains inextricable from the cutscene audio (I always think of the scene where Eike is reunited with Dana in the 1580s). It would be a stunning release... in our hyper-connected new world might someone be able to reach out to Norikazu Miura and ask about the possibility of this?
Damn, there goes the hope something was on iTunes, at least. Still, thanks for the confirmation. Guess I'll have PS2/PC/PSP rips suffice, for now.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Jul 18, 2015, 02:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

ChainDive anyone?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 03:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yuji Takenouchi's said he's working on that one:

Quote:
Right now, I’m working on making a soundtrack release for CHAINDIVE, a game that was only released in Japan. I think it’ll also be a release that will include arranged versions of its music.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 03:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh man, that's such a coincidence, haha! Awesome, looking forward to that then.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 01:15 PM

Just replayed Rayxanber III on PCE-CD and now I'm craving for a soundtrack...
Most tracks are on the disc as CD-DA, but an official soundtrack would have been great.
Oh and remastered why not.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 09:57 AM

Pandora Hearts is in desperate need of a soundtrack release. I've been wanting official tracknames for years. Xenoblade and The Last Story got their albums out, so why not complete the Operation: Moonfall trilogy soundfront?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:23 AM

I can't find soundtracks for a lot of my favorite games from the PSX era. Spyro for example is a series for which I'd really like to have a best-of compilation.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 03:50 AM

Shadow Of Memories/Destiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by student41269 View Post
It would be a stunning release... in our hyper-connected new world might someone be able to reach out to Norikazu Miura and ask about the possibility of this?
Just throwing this suggestion out once more. Do any VGMdb members on the journalism side still have connections they could abuse to get in touch with this guy? Granted, Konami in its current form probably wouldn't care one bit about the game... but this one haunts me, it really does.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:19 AM

Final Fantasy I & II (MSX)
Goonies II (NES)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
F-ZERO (SNES)
Mario Paint (SNES)
SimCity (SNES)
Pilotwings 64 (N64)
Blast Corps (N64)
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:37 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Yuji Takenouchi's said he's working on that one:
Quote:
Right now, I’m working on making a soundtrack release for CHAINDIVE, a game that was only released in Japan. I think it’ll also be a release that will include arranged versions of its music.
Has there been anymore news about this?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 04:14 PM

We need a proper album for Ys I+II Complete.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 06:58 PM

Another one is Bonk's Adventure. It's not the greatest OST, but considering this was the best selling game for the PC-Engine, the fact that there's no soundtrack is really surprising. The tunes are pretty catchy too. I'm still hoping this will be printed someday.

If you've never heard the ending music to this game, it's quite nice. Youtube link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SX4...gxJW7uwhn0JXiH

Last edited by Rrolack; Jan 22, 2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 05:00 AM

Unfortunately, Pool of Radiance (NES) has such an obscure (yet very beautiful) soundtrack that will never get an official soundtrack release. I find it interesting too for a couple reasons. 1, Because the music was by Seiji Toda, a composer from Pony Canyon's record label, you would think that they would advertise it. 2, I think Seiji's music for Ultima: Quest of the Avatar had a soundtrack release in Japan.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 01:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Has there been anymore news about this?
I guess this probably ended up being this: http://vgmdb.net/album/67828
Old Apr 29, 2017, 05:36 PM

The original Tomb Raider. I know there's the redbook audio (which is always on my HD) but I'd like something more official.