VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:05 PM
VGMdb Administrator

oh man I never knew we had scans for this album

JTurner, where'd you get the reading of the lyricist's name as Yoshiko Oshika? It appears as Yoshiko Oga in English on a Patlabor album.

I also have a feeling the second of the assistant engineers is the Satoshi Imai on this album too.

If you're putting names into a website/program or otherwise producing readings for names without sources, we don't do that here because of how extremely easy it is to make mistakes like that. (If you're not, ignore the previous sentence.)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
oh man I never knew we had scans for this album

JTurner, where'd you get the reading of the lyricist's name as Yoshiko Oshika? It appears as Yoshiko Oga in English on a Patlabor album.

I also have a feeling the second of the assistant engineers is the Satoshi Imai on this album too.

If you're putting names into a website/program or otherwise producing readings for names without sources, we don't do that here because of how extremely easy it is to make mistakes like that. (If you're not, ignore the previous sentence.)
If that is the case, great. I must apologize if the names are inaccurate. I was trying to find exact matches for the names, but it was difficult. If you're sure that Yoshiko Oga and Satoshi Imai are the correct names, then by all means, I'll be happy to admit that I was mistaken. Sorry for causing issues.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 05:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not totally sure about Satoshi Imai, but Ton Meister is listed on that Fatal Fury album so it seems quite possible. Yoshiko Oga I'm absolutely confident about, now that I've checked out a few albums and found her name in both English and Japanese for the same song.

Thanks for understanding! The inevitable misreadings that come with guessing just end up being a pain to sort out later, if they ever are, and even if we fix them, there's no way to track down everyone who got the wrong information and let them know of the mistakes. And thanks for taking the time to work on those album notes! Big <3s for the staff transcription crew.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 07:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Does anyone know the current market value on this one? (Japan only, I doubt there's any good data on US purchases).

Having trouble finding it on Y!J
Old Feb 2, 2016, 08:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Does anyone know the current market value on this one? (Japan only, I doubt there's any good data on US purchases).

Having trouble finding it on Y!J
One was sold for 14000y a month ago: http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/o124696150
On mandarake 12000y second hand and 20000y sealed

Last edited by Illidan; Feb 2, 2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 08:39 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks! That's about the range I was expecting ... certainly higher than I wanted, but ... yeah. Over $100, certainly.

Wish we could get a reprint up in here...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 05:47 PM

I had seen it up on YJA for about 15,000 yen a few months ago, and it seemed to stay up there for a while. I was looking for it too, and I never pulled the trigger. The recent YJA auction that Illidan linked to was the one that I ended up winning.