VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:36 AM

I'm pretty sure that this album should be listed as a starchild album. At least it has the logo printed on the back of the album and on the disc. I guess I don't understand why the system lists starchild for an album, or why that is important. If someone could explain that to me you would have my appreciation. Also, if I submit an albumn the future, how can I list it as a starchild album next time? I saw the dropdown in the edit box, but when I clicked it took me to anther page, where it seemed like I would have to fill out a whole other album again.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 04:17 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Starchild is a japanese imprint of King Records, the label the album originally was released under. It does not apply to this album since it's a US release and direct King Records releases are limited to Japan. Seeing logos printed on a CD does not automatically mean that these are the publishers, but only shows parties that also hold rights on the soundtrack.
You have to look at who manufactured and distributed it, in this case it's GENEON ENTERTAINMENT (USA) which is printed on the CD.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 03:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Is this a reprint of : http://vgmdb.net/album/23276

The thing that confuses me (and needs investigated) is the complete lack of overlap on the drama casts given in the notes for the two editions.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:27 PM

I believe that this is a reprint of the Japanese Version as a US version.

To answer your question about the non-cohesiveness of the drama cast lists in the notes sections of both the Japanese and US CD versions. The Japanese Version seems to list all of the “Animation Cast” for the series. If you look in the US booklet, pg. 10 you will see a listing of both “Animation Cast” and “Cast of this drama CD”. I chose to list the latter in the notes section, since these voice actors contributed to the making of the CD and not everyone from the “Animation Cast” did. I believe the US page is similar to pg.6 in the Japanese version. Although I cannot read Japanese, so I can’t say for sure.