VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 4, 2013, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The Troubadour Records seventh anniversary reprint disc of TTRC-0001 has a discography of TTRC-0001~30 with romaji titles on it, and the listed title of TTRC-0005 is "MANICURE-DAN." So finally, some evidence that まにきゅあ is supposed to be "manicure."

I have seen "manikyua" semi-officially before, notably on this upload by Shinji Hosoe (though his English isn't too good, if I remember correctly), but I've only been able to find their name in Japanese on their albums until now.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:56 AM

Shinji Makino is not listed as a member on their website, but he does show up in the liner notes for TTRC-0003 | KAKI-IN 1993 SUMMER. What's up with that?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:05 AM

Manikyua-Dan and Manikyua-Dan Sepia are separate as far as I see, so perhaps they should be split into separate units here. It seems Sepia only had Nobuyoshi Sano and Hiroto Sasaki, as the others don't appear on their 1996 album (Shinji Hosoe is credited, but only for originally composing a song Sano remixed). As for the other aliases, Sepia A is Sasaki and F is Sano.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 03:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Correct, Sepia is apparently a separate two-person unit: http://troubador.panic.or.jp/ttrc/0023.html

Sano and Sasaki also identify themselves as F and A respectively at the start of the first track on that album.