VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 12, 2008, 05:30 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Before I delink any artists, I wanted to check.

This site (which I've been using for a lot of artist info) says that this album was arranged and performed by S.S.T. Band.

http://bsm.hp.infoseek.co.jp/data-sega.html

Currently the arrange and perform fields are linked to Sega Sound Team. If anyone has any evidence to back that up, then please post it. Otherwise, I'll credit the S.S.T. Band instead.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 07:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I was the one who linked them. Go ahead and make the change; I wasn't aware there was a difference between S.S.T. and S.S.T. Band.

Also, I don't know about my romanization of "delmotsukachan", but the other composer links should be accurate.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

The booklet credits S.S.T. (Sega Sound Team). Apart from correctness it's not a big deal though as the two where pretty much the same thing in those days.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 05:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

I corrected the original tracklist and added my attempt at a translation - Laser Ghost has pretty original tracktitles though so that's not perfect. As for the games, it seems G-LOC: Air Battle was released both on regular arcade cabinets and the special R60 cabinet, I'm guessing the music was the same in all arcade versions. And I'm wondering what 'Space Hard [Cyber Dome]' is. Does it refer to the Cyber Dome Super Shooting System? Or maybe a game released for that cabinet, called Space Hard?

Sega made some crazy stuff back in the day. Ghost Hunters, Murder Lodge, Mad Bazooka, Sega Super Curcuit etc xD
Old May 8, 2010, 06:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think "Delmo Tsukachan" is probably Keisuke Tsukahara, who was credited as just "Tsukachan" in the Genesis version of Shadow Dancer.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Does anybody have any info on who S.Z.K is? I've looked under S.S.T. and could not find a close match.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I wish!

He's also credited for "sound" for the Genesis version of Gain Ground: http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/genesis/a/gaing.htm. This is actually mentioned in the liner notes of this album. That's all I've got. (Weird that I was researching this guy last week. Good timing on your part.)

S.Z.K. is a pretty open-ended alias, notably matching anyone with the extremely common name of Suzuki, but no otherwise known member of Sega's sound staff jumps out at me as a potential suspect.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:58 AM

MVP is also mentioned in the liner notes. SZK might have also worked on Clutch Hitter, looking at the high score table.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 03:51 AM

From which game is the track "Belldeer Wind"? It appears on Mega Selection II -G.S.M.SEGA- as well, but I can't figure out the game, based on the "Products represented".
Old Aug 14, 2015, 08:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's an original composition.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
It's an original composition.
Aha, that explains it. Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:23 PM

Are the GP Rider song credits on Sega Retro correct, or are they just based on E102/kyubi's speculation? I can't find official sources to confirm who did what.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 02:33 PM
Trusted Editor

If you can't find the info here, and there isn't a source from the composer himself stating who did what, 99% sure it's just a guess.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 02:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

This interview with Hiro and Mitsuyoshi regarding CRACKIN'DJ PART2 mentions that Teniko Teniotto T is Yasuhiro Takagi, and that he composed The Perfect Power for GP RIDER.
Quote:
☆: TURBO OUT RUN「RUSH A DIFFICULTY」作曲のケロタン・YAS氏とGP RIDER「The Perfect Power」作曲のテニ子・テニ夫・T氏はやはり同一人物で本名は「高木さん」(「MEGA SELECTION2」のライナーでは「長いものに巻かれろじじいナンバー2」という名前もあったな…)
Something else from that interview, when asked what bonus remix they would want to include if there were a possible CRACKIN'DJ PART3, Hiro mentions Eggman's Theme from SEGASONIC THE HEDGEHOG, but I'm not sure if that implies he composed it, or it's just his favourite song from the game.