VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 14, 2008, 07:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The entry I added was for the pre-order soundtrack, which I believe is not the same item as this soundtrack that comes with the game. So I guess two different entries should be made. The tracklists seems identical though.

Also, I don't think Chance Thomas is the only composer. This album actually contains all tracks from the "Shadow of Angmar" soundtrack (credited to Harry Chase, Brad Spear, and Chance Thomas) + 7 new tracks.

Finally, the current cover is a cropped version of the front of the game box, which may not be ideal to represent the soundtrack CD.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 09:27 PM
VGMdb Staff

Hmm, seems strange if they would have one CD for pre-orders and a separate one, with the same tracklist, packaged with the game (I guess it comes only with the Collector's Edition?). I guess some detective work will be in order.

About the composition, you're right, all three should be credited. And I removed the cover image.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:27 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, it's a bit strange indeed. One thing is sure though, the CD I have has "pre-order" written in the title and it was released before the game. I'll get around to scan the disc at one point and upload it here, that way we might be able to compare it to other possible versions.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 03:42 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Added Disc scan from german collector's edition.
This one have a different catalog number "MMORICDGE30".
Old Jan 8, 2009, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I had a chance to speak with Chance Thomas.

This bonus soundtrack is pretty much a re-issue of the Shadows of Angmar with some tracks from Moria tacked on at the end.

A full Moria soundtrack exists on some extra that came with the North American release of Moria, called the "Lord of the Rings Online Music & Art Collection." It's an artbook with a 17-track CD (music from Chance Thomas and Stephen DiGregorio), all music from the Moria expansion.

Review will be up on OSV in the near future.

Ramza