VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:42 PM

According to CDJapan, the music is by Kohei Tanaka. Has this been confirmed anywhere else? I couldn't find any information on it.

This BGM does remind me of his style somewhat. www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1o4sRKAF9c
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:19 AM
Trusted Editor

I'd think that CDJapan is mixing something up here. Because the official Team Entertainment site still lists ZIZZ as BGM composer:
http://www.team-e.co.jp/products/kdsd-00547.html

EDIT: Uhm Don, where did you find that info? Because I can't see it on the CDJapan site.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:38 AM

On the CDJapan site, underneath the OST, it says "Game Music (Music by Kohei Tanaka).

I'm sure it's just some mix up if the Team Entertainment site states ZIZZ. (I copy and pasted below)

Atelier Elkrone (Elkrone no Atelier - Dear for Otomate -) Original Soundtrack
日本語タイトル: エルクローネのアトリエ 〜Dear for Otomate〜 オリジナルサウンドトラック/ ゲーム・ミュージック
Game Music (Music by Kohei Tanaka)
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:57 PM

Would be awesome if it were true.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
Trusted Editor

So the booklet credits Zizz Studio for BGM Production, but lists the involved composers separately as BGM Composer. Some of which are not strictly part of Zizz according to the current info here.

How should this be handled?
Old May 5, 2012, 01:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think I'd replace the Zizz credit in the composer field with all the actual composers.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:35 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I think I'd replace the Zizz credit in the composer field with all the actual composers.
Roger!

Anyway, this "中村 貢" guy (Theme Songs Director) also seems to be part of TWOFIVE. See the members list:
Twofive
Old May 5, 2012, 02:12 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
So the booklet credits Zizz Studio for BGM Production, but lists the involved composers separately as BGM Composer. Some of which are not strictly part of Zizz according to the current info here.
It could be that they're newer members of ZIZZ and just were never added on the profile page on their site. Or maybe they're just contractors that ZIZZ hired to round out the score. The overall credit to ZIZZ is for production so it's kind of hard to tell.

黒川陽介 is credited as part of ZIZZ in this live event info on ZIZZ's site: http://www.zizz-studio.com/information.php?id=645. So that's one. Couldn't find anything confirming 田中葉一朗 or Masayuki Adaniya, but all three of them worked with Yoh Ohyama and Kaori Tsutsui on Gekka Ryouran Romance (I'll fill in info on this album in a bit). JUN2 is mentioned a lot on ZIZZ's site and A.m.u's blog in particular, never specifically as "JUN2 (ZIZZ)" but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Anyway, this "中村 貢" guy (Theme Songs Director) also seems to be part of TWOFIVE. See the members list:
Twofive
His name appears associated with TWOFIVE in 1997's True Love Story -Remember My Heart- for the PS1, where he was an engineer. He should be the Mitsugu Nakamura who directed this album: http://vgmdb.net/album/424.

He seems to quite solidly be part of TEAM Entertainment now, doing the same kinds of things. The reading of his name can be cross-referenced through Eternal Sonata: Japanese credits (レコーディングディレクター) and English credits (Recording Director).
Old May 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'll be attempting an English translation of the tracklist later tonight. Would appreciate anyone with superior knowledge of the language to take a second look and revise as appropriate.

EDIT - also, I changed the title word ordering to "Atelier Elkrone" on the display line. As per the game's actual logo (seen on the album front cover).

Last edited by Ramza; May 17, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:25 PM

poor ramza

tr17 shouldn't be "chinese" but "men" (or anything related to "man")
when you see the front cover...
Old May 17, 2012, 06:00 PM

Sorry about that. A kanji with multiple meanings plus lack of context on my side... I'll fix it up right now.
Old May 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
VGMdb Advisor

yeah sorry CoE, but that wasn't my translation. And Aquagon, next time warn me before you submit a tracklist. I just worked my butt off doing the whole thing.
Old May 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

well I'm going to bed. Someone look through these translationS and make it better (probably CoE)
Old May 18, 2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
yeah sorry CoE, but that wasn't my translation. And Aquagon, next time warn me before you submit a tracklist. I just worked my butt off doing the whole thing.
oh, you thought I thought it was your translation, no no
I guess I shoulda added an @aquagon (personally, I wasn't thinking that coulda been confusing)

@aquagon: no need for a context, just with the front cover and maybe the fact it could be a game in a fantasy world
Old May 18, 2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
EDIT - also, I changed the title word ordering to "Atelier Elkrone" on the display line. As per the game's actual logo (seen on the album front cover).
What the spin says, incidentally? Recent Atelier soundtracks always use the "Atelier xxx Original Soundtrack" format (subtitle less), and I expected it would be the case here,
Old May 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
VGMdb Advisor

so I couldn't help but notice nobody bothered resolving the translations.

I'm not an impartial third party on the matter, so I'd prefer if someone else take care of it. ^_^
Old May 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know, I think the one titled "English" looked a little better in general, so I made that the default. Was there anything in the other tracklist that we should keep?
Old May 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
VGMdb Advisor

probably not. Feel free to drop it ("noob attempt" was my work). ^_^