VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:09 AM

Default FCCM-0137: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Original Soundtrack

I figured I would add the English name to the products represented for both volumes of this animation's original soundtrack.

But the real reason for this thread: is this really a "Vocal" classification, or are all the vocal pieces in these albums part of the animation's original soundtrack? I've never seen the animation, so I don't know. But if they are, should we remove the "Vocal" classification? I know this has been a big discussion, and I'd personally remove it if all the vocal pieces were part of the original soundtrack. Mainly, I consider "Original Soundtrack", and then I consider "Vocal", why have two different classifications if we're to combine them anyway (I think it's ultimately the difference between useful classification and complete classification).
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We've been debating this topic among other things. You may want to comment on some of the ideas presented here:

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4570
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:44 PM

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Mostly I just want to be compliant with the final decision, but I'll add my two cents there.