VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:01 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Interesting thing to know is that the game was released recently (28th October) in Europe in a superb "Collector's Edition" (with a replica of the "God Mask").
The package also include a "Soundtrack" (which should be the same as the US Limited Edition).

The label is different though, would be nice to have scans of both discs.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:09 PM

Are you referring to this disc?

If so, perhaps it is deserving of its own entry, with the catalog number "PS3-CLoS-OST" (or 4012927011911, though it's an EAN).

Last edited by Medina; Jan 6, 2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:14 PM

It has to, 'cause my disc doesn't look anything like that...that surely looks effin' nice. =/
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:17 PM

Well, if track 20 on the print we have now is really called "The Last Battle", then yes, that disc does need its own entry because track 20 is called "Love Lost" on that one. Either that or the track name here is wrong (I don't know this tracklist's source).
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:50 PM

No, track name was wrong here, and that disc is from the European release:

Feel free to add it.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:52 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I confirm the last track is called "The Last Battle" on the US release.
Here's a very very blurry pic.. (source is a youtube video), but you can see it's the last battle.

Would be nice to have a scan of this page, aswell the anterior page (credits).. and the US disc scan.
(we don't need the other pages, it's more an artbook than anything else)

I'll make the reprint, thanks for the very nice scan Medina.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 04:58 PM

Heh, I stand corrected then. I bought this from a friend who got the special edition, so all I got was the disc after he blindly trashed some of the contents...

The name doesn't seem to properly fit the music, I must say. Would love to see if they happen to be identical and are just named differently or if they indeed are two different pieces, each exclusive to their respective releases.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:02 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I think both tracks are identical.

But if i am wrong, we'll need to unlink both entries.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:05 PM

Great, thanks for making that reprint Myrkul. It's easy but I wasn't really in the mood to do it (not feeling so well right now).

Oh and my track 20 "Love Lost" is also 1:26 so I'm assuming they're the same song.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
[...]

Oh and my track 20 "Love Lost" is also 1:26 so I'm assuming they're the same song.
The music begins with violins up to the 0:35 mark and at the 0:36-37 mark the chorus begins?

Last edited by PsychoZeke; Jan 6, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:20 PM

Yeah definitely. Just before 1:00 it gets really grand till the end.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:24 PM

Then they're definitely the same, just different naming...or maybe Konami made an error? Because I must say, "Love Lost" certainly is a much more fitting name.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcg5WJ91YnA#t=1m34s
A nicer view of the tracklist.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:11 AM

Nice, thanks.

What's the point behind "unboxing" videos anyway?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:09 AM

Welcome, it seems the track differences equal out to 2 titles, Track 18 US = Final Confrontation, Europe = The Last Battle. Track 20 US = The Last Battle, Europe = Love Lost. According to length and youtube watching of named tracks they are the same just titled differently.

I kind of assume the US is more "right" for the fact of the oversight that must have taken place on making the box and the art book which the soundtrack is attached to and is a part of. The European version just has the titles around a stamped disc.

I guess playing the game would give more information on where and why.

To answer the unboxing. It works three fold. To give more information than the sellers do to the people who already bought it, For example hearing you are going to get a god mask for the european version and seeing a professional shot photo of the whole package, then when an unboxer shows you it and gives you information about it, you know more than the stores or PR dept would give. Another reason is to get you to buy it, some unboxers get the item for free just to unbox it and get people interested in the item if they previously wouldn't have been. The last is because people like to show off, the "I was first" don't you wish you were me or had my stuff type attitude.

That is my take on it.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
Welcome, it seems the track differences equal out to 2 titles, Track 18 US = Final Confrontation, Europe = The Last Battle. Track 20 US = The Last Battle, Europe = Love Lost. [...]
Both "Final Confrontation" and "The Last Battle" are heard during Gabriel's battle against Satan, while "Love Lost", I think, is heard during the ending after said battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
[...] The last is because people like to show off, the "I was first" don't you wish you were me or had my stuff type attitude.
Yeah, showing off sums it up for me...it's usually the impression that I get, though.