VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 24, 2021, 12:26 AM

I translated the N.O.M. interview. Nothing groundbreaking but some interesting bits here and there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O.M.
Zelda and Soundscapes: The Sound Team Interview

Eiji Aonuma (director): Nintendo Co., Ltd. Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Software Production Division, Software Production Department, Section Manager

Koji Kondo (in charge of sound): Nintendo Co., Ltd. Entertainment Analysis and Development, Software Technology Division, Software Technology Department, Department Manager

Kenta Nagata (in charge of sound): Nintendo Co., Ltd. Entertainment Analysis and Development, Software Technology Division, Software Technology Department

Hajime Wakai (in charge of sound): Nintendo Co., Ltd. Entertainment Analysis and Development, Software Technology Division, Software Technology Department

Masafumi Kawamura (in charge of sound): Nintendo Co., Ltd. Entertainment Analysis and Development, Software Technology Division, Software Technology Department

Using the baton and expressing music with the body

N.O.M.: "Takt" is to mean a conductor's baton, right? Was this your idea Aonuma-san?

Aonuma: To be honest, it wasn't a baton at first. When I'd just started making this game, an instrument named the theremin caught my attention. Originally I wanted to use a theremin. Instead of playing an instrument, I wanted to have music produced by moving the body just like with a theremin. But the instrument is hard to explain and to handle. Then I did some trial and error and arrived at the baton.

N.O.M.: In the opening you can hear something that sounds like Celtic music, right? Did you decide for it to be this way, Aonuma-san?

Aonuma: No, that wasn't the case. As with the graphics, I didn't explicitly call for that. Those in charge individually proposed it to me. So I am really entrusting them with the sound. You know, this is a game where the staff will throw out things like "mystery" and "Zelda". They gather their feelings and in the end they will coalesce into a single worldview without any of it feeling out of place.

N.O.M.: But you do feel that Zelda's sound effects need to be rather realistic?

Aonuma: When I participated in Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64, at the end, Miyamoto said "It's important to feel the woodenness of the sound here." Because of that, I played the game and checked everything, asking things like "Why doesn't it sound like wood here?" Around that time this became something like the pursuit of realism in sounds. As the graphics are rather cartoony this time around, it was important to preserve the realism by making the sounds realistic.

N.O.M.: Did you use real sounds for the sea gulls' cries and such?

Kawamura: To be true, those aren't sea gulls. We tried to use sea gulls at first but it didn't sound like them. So we edited the "baraag" sound of a trumpeting elephant and used that. We also made good use of many different other sounds, for example combining a crocodile, a camel and a lion.

N.O.M.: Did you actually record the animals' voices?

Kawamura: No. As for the source, we took it from a stock sound collection CD. We just recorded some of the nature sounds outside. I wanted to record the sound of hitting a tree with a piece of iron, so I hid a steel pipe in an instrument case and took a long stroll out into the woods. After that, for the sounds of walking on a beach, I had some potato chips rustling in a bag.

N.O.M.: Human voices also made it in, right? Were these done by voice actors?

Aonuma: At first we thought we'd use the voices of the staff in our division.

Kawamura: We kept some of the better voice performances from our staff but after all, there are limits to what an amateur can do.

[Photo caption] An image of the sound recordings, from left to right (all in charge of sound): Toru Minegishi, Masafumi Kawamura, Takahiro Watanabe

Background music and interactive changes

N.O.M.: Wakai-san, you were in charge of the battles. How was your experience?

Wakai: The goal I pursued was imbuing the pieces of music with the interactivity of Zelda. In the battle scenes, the compositions remain the same but their arrangements and tempos change with what the protagonist does. Because of that, when you hit an enemy, an orchestral tutti (a part where all musicians play together) can be heard. This tutti is not a sound effect but a musical scale that matches the chord progression of the piece, you see. As such complicated mechanics are included, the programmers created sophisticated code where the sounds that are essentially processed as sound effects are inserted into the background music.

Kawamura: Everytime I had written one mechanic, he quickly came to me with a new one. (laughs)

Wakai: Apart from the tutti, I put mechanics into the boss battles that differed for each dungeon. For example, in a phase where you're trading blows with the enemy in sort of a tennis rally, each time you're hitting back their projectile the sound raises by a half tone.

Kondo: You see, as he likes progressive music, he was able to have some fun with one aspect of this hobby in that boss battle.

N.O.M.: When you say progressive music, what do you mean by that?

Wakai: I adopted the method of the canon. But I can tell you that combining a canon consequentially is extremely difficult. In the end, that alone took me about 2 weeks. In the scene with the boss that was only two hands and a head, there are different pieces of music when it's both hands, just one hand or no hand at all. Oh boy, I think nobody will know that if you don't tell them. (laughs)

N.O.M.: That really bothers you, huh? (laughs) Nagata-san, is there something in the background music that is dear to your heart?

Nagata: Zelda has the same recurring theme songs all the time, right? However, it wouldn't be interesting if they were exactly the same. Still, if you change the arrangements too much, you keep thinking long-time fans might not like them. It was hard to strike that balance. But I probably made some rather bold arrangements.

N.O.M.: Did you have a theme in mind for the background music?

Nagata: My personal theme was "fan service, fan service, fan service". (laughs) So I tried to casually include music from Ocarina of Time.

Aonuma: In this game, characters are popping up here and there that are related to Ocarina of Time. So if we include music from Ocarina in a natural way, the fans will be happy, right?

N.O.M.: The main theme of Zelda is a composition by Kondo-san, isn't it? Could this be the first time you are entrusting another staff member with its arrangement?

Kondo: That's right, this is the first time.

N.O.M.: Did you point out any faults to be fixed?

Kondo: No, there weren't any at all.

Nagata: But when we entrusted Kondo with the opening scene that has the woodcuts, as expected, I felt the original was different after all. Now that it's in, I feel it turned the whole thing into Zelda.

In conclusion...

N.O.M.: Kawamura-san, Wakai-san, Nagata-san, this is the first time you worked on Zelda music, right? Please let us hear your thoughts on that.

Kawamura: The only N64 Zelda sound effect adopted from the Super Famicom Zelda was the puzzle solution sound, right? As that was the case, I thought I had to bring back only the puzzle solution sound for the Cube as well and tried to create the new Zelda's sound effects in my own way. What's more, because we created it with the sound this time you can hear enemies coming up from behind. You should try playing with 5.1 channels by all means, that'd make me happy.

Wakai: You see, to tell you the truth, I didn't want to do the game at first. (everyone laughs) But that's not to mean something bad. As I was looking forward to a Zelda game, I couldn't participate as a staff member and at the same time have the fun of playing it. Of course there was also the pressure. But it was very educational. By doing a work of art that represents Nintendo I was able to understand the direction in which Nintendo's sound team is heading and that really helped me.

Nagata: I think I was lucky to be able to take part in Zelda. Because the game of which I am in charge is largely dependent on its timing. Ever since I joined the company I wanted to do a game like Zelda and with this, my dream has come true.

N.O.M.: What about you, Kondo-san?

Kondo: I only composed a few pieces of music this time around. Everyone submitted to me interactive elements that are characteristic of game music, so I think we did a good job. You see, even in the environments there are rather interactive mechanics.

Nagata: On the island in the beginning (Outset Island), the little sister's theme song is hidden in the music. I don't think many will notice but when the little sister's gone her theme can no longer be heard.

Aonuma: Even though the sound of Zelda is incidental at first glance, its power is incredible. I played a version in which no sounds at all could be heard and that was awkward, you know? It felt as though the game was incomplete. (laughs) When you play with all the sounds disabled, you understand the importance of sound. So please, everyone, try enjoying the game by concentrating on the sound.

Confusingly, the Nindori interview on the Mario & Zelda Big Band Live DVD says about Kenta Nagata:
But even though it says "opening" they seem to be referring to the title screen music which was performed at this concert.

EDIT: So based on the interview, we have some more composer credits:

Outright confirmed:
Koji Kondo - 1.03
Hajime Wakai - 1.72, 2.04

Strongly inferred:
Hajime Wakai - 1.13

Inferred:
Kenta Nagata - 1.04, 1.05, 1.28, 1.56, 1.57

1.03's confirmed credit further corroborates Mentalo's research.

Last edited by zierts; May 26, 2021 at 02:56 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 03:07 PM

Thanks to the recent release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Original Soundtrack, we have some news about 2 Wind Waker composition credits!

First, the most direct one: Beedle's Airshop from SS, a direct port of Beedle's Shop from TWW (track 1.08), is officially credited to Kenta Nagata in SS's OST.
This theme's first half was brand new to TWW but the later half is an arrangement of the shop theme from OoT so Nagata referenced some Kondo work here.

Secondly, a little bit more tricky one: The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 had a Boss Battle Music Medley with composition credits for Toru Minegishi, Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii and Mahito Yokota.
It is a medley of :
- Boss Battle from Majora's Mask, composed by Minegishi*
- Mini-Boss from The Wind Waker (track 1.40)
- Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) from Twilight Princess, composed by Minegishi**
- Battle with Ghirahim 2 from Skyward Sword, composed by Fujii*
- Battle with Moldarach/Koloktos from Skyward Sword, composed by Yokota*
* = officially confirmed via soundtracks.
** = Minegishi is the only one here who can be the composer since Yokota only did one trailer song from TP and the others composers credited had no involvement with TP.
There's only one song left for Wakai to have worked on, which is Mini-Boss from WW. So he at least composed some part of this song. I'm saying "some part" because technically, Minegishi could also have participated to some degree in this song but I highly doubt it.
With all the info we have (Wakai having composed multiple battle themes for WW, the style of this song matching with Wakai's style and now this), I think we can safely assume this was fully composed by Wakai.

So I'm adding both credits to the album.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:59 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
Thanks to the recent release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Original Soundtrack, we have some news about 2 Wind Waker composition credits!

First, the most direct one: Beedle's Airshop from SS, a direct port of Beedle's Shop from TWW (track 1.08), is officially credited to Kenta Nagata in SS's OST.
This theme's first half was brand new to TWW but the later half is an arrangement of the shop theme from OoT so Nagata referenced some Kondo work here.

Secondly, a little bit more tricky one: The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 had a Boss Battle Music Medley with composition credits for Toru Minegishi, Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii and Mahito Yokota.
It is a medley of :
- Boss Battle from Majora's Mask, composed by Minegishi*
- Mini-Boss from The Wind Waker (track 1.40)
- Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) from Twilight Princess, composed by Minegishi**
- Battle with Ghirahim 2 from Skyward Sword, composed by Fujii*
- Battle with Moldarach/Koloktos from Skyward Sword, composed by Yokota*
* = officially confirmed via soundtracks.
** = Minegishi is the only one here who can be the composer since Yokota only did one trailer song from TP and the others composers credited had no involvement with TP.
There's only one song left for Wakai to have worked on, which is Mini-Boss from WW. So he at least composed some part of this song. I'm saying "some part" because technically, Minegishi could also have participated to some degree in this song but I highly doubt it.
With all the info we have (Wakai having composed multiple battle themes for WW, the style of this song matching with Wakai's style and now this), I think we can safely assume this was fully composed by Wakai.

So I'm adding both credits to the album.
Nice info dumping, thanks. I don't think we should add that second one to the notes as this remains speculations, however. As you said, it still remains possible that Minegishi may have participated and it's hard to know what such credits should be interpreted as.

Of course your theory is very likely to be correct, but it's just not really an official composition credit and speculations should remain in the discussions, and not in an album's notes unless it's 100% sourced and verified information. This is kind of similar to the Falcom leaks, where the info is extremely likely to be accurate but is just simply not official.

EDIT: Thought that the Beedle credit was not a good idea either because i thought it was rearranged, but it's literally identical so it should be fine.

Last edited by Robin; Dec 2, 2021 at 12:02 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:47 PM

Well, we have:

- the above-translated N.O.M. interview in which Wakai was revealed to be in charge of the battles, talking about the dynamic elements he had implemented (which are also included in 1-40 "Mini-Boss")
- only Wakai and Minegishi remain by elimination as possible composers for the "Boss Battle Theme Medley 2018", and Minegishi is commonly believed to have composed for Wind Waker's cutscenes based on this interview
- the fact that, so far, we know of no compositions in Wind Waker on which several composers collaborated (and that there are maybe two dozen such collaborations over the hundreds of compositions for the series since 1986)

To me, this feels like a 95 % chance that 1-40 was done by Wakai alone and maybe a 5 % chance he collaborated on it with Minegishi. Whether that's enough to list the credit is for someone else to judge, though.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 04:51 PM

There are some credits offered on https://music.rozen.audio/album/ballads-of-hyrule-ii / https://vgmdb.net/album/116410 although several of them are problematic.

1. The Breath of the Wild OST specifically says Fi's Theme was composed by Takeshi Hama. The Skyward Sword OST also says "music by" Takeshi Hama. This contradicts both by saying it was composed by Hajime Wakai.

Do we still think Koji Kondo had no role in the Wind Waker tracks mentioned here?

Last edited by yindesu; Dec 13, 2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
There are some credits offered on https://music.rozen.audio/album/ballads-of-hyrule-ii / https://vgmdb.net/album/116410 although several of them are problematic.

1. The Breath of the Wild OST specifically says Fi's Theme was composed by Takeshi Hama. The Skyward Sword OST also says "music by" Takeshi Hama. This contradicts both by saying it was composed by Hajime Wakai.

Do we still think Koji Kondo had no role in the Wind Waker tracks mentioned here?
I think these were guesses at best. As per the N.O.M. interview above, Nagata is not confirmed but inferred to be the composer of "Outset Island" and "Windfall Island".

The first half of "Outset Island" is an arrangement of "Aryll's Theme", confirmed to be Nagata anyway, and the second half is a heavily arranged "Kokiri Forest" from Ocarina of Time. "Windfall Island" is arranged from A Link to the Past's/Ocarina of Time's "Kakariko Village". So that'd check out with Nagata's comment about trying to include music from Ocarina of Time.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 06:44 AM

Credits from a fan arrange album are hardly credible.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 06:45 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Not even hardly, they shouldn't even come into the matter whatsoever
Old Dec 15, 2021, 01:09 PM

In Wind Waker's files, there are several instrument banks that are credited with the initials of the composers' names; some are for specific locations in the game, while others are multi-purpose banks with commonly used orchestral instruments. So all tracks that use those banks essentially have official credits, in the form of these intials. I've listed the ones I could find here:

Spoiler:
Kenta Nagata
1.04 Outset Island - n2i_link
1.06 Old Men's House - n2i_link
1.07 Fencing Instruction - n2i_link
1.08 Beedle’s Shop - n5store
1.11 The Forest of Outset Island - n2i_link
1.19 Inside the Pirate Ship - n6pirate
1.22 Forsaken Fortress - n3i_maju
1.28 Windfall Island - n11i_tur
1.29 Potion Shop - n9drug
1.34 Sacred Shrine - n12death
1.38 Dragon Roost Island - n10i_ryu
1.39 Dragon Roost Cavern - n4d_ryu
1.56 Forest Haven - n7i_mori
1.57 Inside Forest Haven - n7i_mori
1.58 The Deku Tree’s Crisis - n7i_mori
2.20 Fairy Spring - n8s_race
2.22 Dungeon - n12death

Hajime Wakai (w_zelda)
1.12 Bokoblins Come Flying
1.13 Battle
1.14 Encounter with Tetra
1.32 Maritime Battle
1.40 Mini-Boss
1.43 Gohma Battle First Half
1.44 Gohma Battle Second Half
1.62 Kalle Demos
1.69 Tower of the Gods
1.72 Gohdan
2.04 Phantom Ganon
2.10 The Tower of Forsaken Fortress
2.12 Helmaroc King
2.29 Jalhalla
2.37 Molgera
2.41 Gohma First Half (2nd Time)
2.42 Gohma Second Half (2nd Time)
2.43 Kalle Demos (2nd Time)
2.44 Jalhalla (2nd Time)
2.45 Molgera (2nd Time)
2.48 Puppet Ganon (Puppet Mode)
2.49 Puppet Ganon (Transformation)
2.50 Puppet Ganon (Spider Mode)
2.51 Puppet Ganon (Snake Mode)

There's also another bank named "n_zelda", suggesting it was created by Nagata, but the thing is that Grandma's theme uses it, even though that's an officially confirmed Kondo composition. This probably means that either he composed it and Nagata arranged it/put the song into the game, or Kondo used the main composer's bank to save space. Either way, that means the songs using that bank weren't all done by Nagata alone, so I didn't list them here.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Boy View Post
In Wind Waker's files, there are several instrument banks that are credited with the initials of the composers' names; some are for specific locations in the game, while others are multi-purpose banks with commonly used orchestral instruments. So all tracks that use those banks essentially have official credits, in the form of these intials. I've listed the ones I could find here:

Spoiler:
Kenta Nagata
1.04 Outset Island - n2i_link
1.06 Old Men's House - n2i_link
1.07 Fencing Instruction - n2i_link
1.08 Beedle’s Shop - n5store
1.11 The Forest of Outset Island - n2i_link
1.19 Inside the Pirate Ship - n6pirate
1.22 Forsaken Fortress - n3i_maju
1.28 Windfall Island - n11i_tur
1.29 Potion Shop - n9drug
1.34 Sacred Shrine - n12death
1.38 Dragon Roost Island - n10i_ryu
1.39 Dragon Roost Cavern - n4d_ryu
1.56 Forest Haven - n7i_mori
1.57 Inside Forest Haven - n7i_mori
1.58 The Deku Tree’s Crisis - n7i_mori
2.20 Fairy Spring - n8s_race
2.22 Dungeon - n12death

Hajime Wakai (w_zelda)
1.12 Bokoblins Come Flying
1.13 Battle
1.14 Encounter with Tetra
1.32 Maritime Battle
1.40 Mini-Boss
1.43 Gohma Battle First Half
1.44 Gohma Battle Second Half
1.62 Kalle Demos
1.69 Tower of the Gods
1.72 Gohdan
2.04 Phantom Ganon
2.10 The Tower of Forsaken Fortress
2.12 Helmaroc King
2.29 Jalhalla
2.37 Molgera
2.41 Gohma First Half (2nd Time)
2.42 Gohma Second Half (2nd Time)
2.43 Kalle Demos (2nd Time)
2.44 Jalhalla (2nd Time)
2.45 Molgera (2nd Time)
2.48 Puppet Ganon (Puppet Mode)
2.49 Puppet Ganon (Transformation)
2.50 Puppet Ganon (Spider Mode)
2.51 Puppet Ganon (Snake Mode)

There's also another bank named "n_zelda", suggesting it was created by Nagata, but the thing is that Grandma's theme uses it, even though that's an officially confirmed Kondo composition. This probably means that either he composed it and Nagata arranged it/put the song into the game, or Kondo used the main composer's bank to save space. Either way, that means the songs using that bank weren't all done by Nagata alone, so I didn't list them here.
Hah, figured there'd still be more to uncover by looking at the files for the sequenced music. And I'm sure there's even more we could gather from those. Great work!

If you looked at the tracks using the "n_zelda" AW file, could you post your results for that one too? While not all may have been composed by Nagata, I think it's important for confirming the theory further (the above tracks are a pretty good indication) and to see which compositions aren't included and could therefore have been done by Minegishi or Kondo. I don't have the game files with me at the moment, otherwise I'd help you out.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
Hah, figured there'd still be more to uncover by looking at the files for the sequenced music. And I'm sure there's even more we could gather from those. Great work!

If you looked at the tracks using the "n_zelda" AW file, could you post your results for that one too? While not all may have been composed by Nagata, I think it's important for confirming the theory further (the above tracks are a pretty good indication) and to see which compositions aren't included and could therefore have been done by Minegishi or Kondo. I don't have the game files with me at the moment, otherwise I'd help you out.
Sure! Here's a list:

Spoiler:
n_zelda
1.02 File Select
1.04 Outset Island
1.05 Inside a House
1.06 Old Men's House
1.07 Fencing Instruction
1.11 The Forest of Outset Island
1.16 Grandma
1.19 Inside the Pirate Ship
1.22 Forsaken Fortress
1.28 Windfall Island
1.30 Dawn
1.31 Ocean
1.33 The Second Maritime Battle
1.41 Game Over
1.49 Wind's Requiem
1.51 Yacht Game
1.52 Yacht Game Goal
1.53 Yacht Game Failure
1.55 Song of Passing
1.56 Forest Haven
1.57 Inside Forest Haven
1.58 The Deku Tree's Crisis
1.60 Forbidden Woods
1.65 The Great Sea is Cursed
2.02 Get Master Sword
2.19 Ballad of Gales
2.20 Fairy Spring
2.54 Ganondorf Battle
Old Dec 16, 2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Boy View Post
Sure! Here's a list:

Spoiler:
n_zelda
1.02 File Select
1.04 Outset Island
1.05 Inside a House
1.06 Old Men's House
1.07 Fencing Instruction
1.11 The Forest of Outset Island
1.16 Grandma
1.19 Inside the Pirate Ship
1.22 Forsaken Fortress
1.28 Windfall Island
1.30 Dawn
1.31 Ocean
1.33 The Second Maritime Battle
1.41 Game Over
1.49 Wind's Requiem
1.51 Yacht Game
1.52 Yacht Game Goal
1.53 Yacht Game Failure
1.55 Song of Passing
1.56 Forest Haven
1.57 Inside Forest Haven
1.58 The Deku Tree's Crisis
1.60 Forbidden Woods
1.65 The Great Sea is Cursed
2.02 Get Master Sword
2.19 Ballad of Gales
2.20 Fairy Spring
2.54 Ganondorf Battle
I could've sworn that the Forest Haven tracks were composed by Hajime Wakai. The rest makes sense tho. Kondo's Grandma theme was probably just arranged by Nagata, based on Kondo's sheet notes.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 04:40 PM

That leaves us with the following tracks that are either streamed or use a soundbank that don't include any of the assumed composer initials (I included whether they're streamed or sequenced on the GameCube). Cross-referenced with Mentalo's research:

Spoiler:
1.01 Title (streamed; Nagata per streamed Wii U file and this album p. 48)
1.03 The Legendary Hero (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file and N.O.M. interview)
1.09 A Mysterious Giant Bird Attacks (streamed; unknown)
1.10 Tetra Discovered (sequenced; unknown)
1.15 Aryll's Kidnapping (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.17 Departure (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
1.18 Pirates (sequenced; unknown)
1.20 Forsaken Fortress Invasion 1 (streamed; Nagata per streamed Wii U file)
1.21 Forsaken Fortress Invasion 2 (streamed; unknown)
1.23 Imprisonment (sequenced; unknown)
1.24 Reunion with Sister (streamed; unknown)
1.25 Rendezvous with the Ship 1 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.26 Rendezvous with the Ship 2 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.27 Rendezvous with the Ship 3 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.35 Open Treasure Box (sequenced; unknown)
1.36 Get Item (sequenced; unknown)
1.37 Get Small Item (sequenced; unknown)
1.42 Gohma Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.45 Boss Clear Fanfare (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file and per this album p. 18)
1.46 Get Heart Container (sequenced; unknown)
1.47 Get Orb (sequenced; unknown)
1.48 Wind's Requiem (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
1.50 Get Baton Song (sequenced; unknown)
1.54 Song of Passing (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
1.59 The Deku Tree and the Koroks (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
1.61 Kalle Demos Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.63 Ceremony in the Woods (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
1.64 Song of the New Year's Ceremony (sequenced; unknown)
1.66 Sacred Shrine (sequenced; unknown)
1.67 Jabun (streamed; Kondo per streamed file)
1.68 Tower of the Gods Appears (streamed; unknown)
1.70 Command Melody (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
1.71 Gohdan Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
1.73 To Hyrule (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)

2.01 Sealed Hyrule Castle (sequenced; unknown)
2.03 Hyrule Castle (sequenced; unknown)
2.05 Aryll's Rescue 1 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.06 Aryll's Rescue 2 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.07 Aryll's Rescue 3 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.08 Aryll's Rescue 4 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.09 Aryll's Rescue 5 (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.11 Helmaroc King Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.13 Ganondorf on Forsaken Fortress (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.14 The Strange Stone's True Form (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.15 Hyrule King Appears (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.16 Zelda's Awakening (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.17 Princess Zelda's Theme (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.18 Ballad of Gales (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
2.21 The Fairy Queen (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.23 Earth God's Lyric (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
2.24 Sage Laruto (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.25 Medli's Awakening (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.26 Earth God's Lyric (sequenced; Nagata per this album p. 18)
2.27 Earth Temple (sequenced; unknown)
2.28 Jalhalla Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.30 Medli's Prayer (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.31 Wind God's Aria (Baton) (sequenced; unknown)
2.32 Sage Fado (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.33 Makar's Awakening (streamed; unknown)
2.34 Wind God's Aria (sequenced; unknown)
2.35 Wind Temple (sequenced; unknown)
2.36 Molgera Appears (streamed; Wakai per streamed Wii U file)
2.38 Makar's Prayer (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.39 Hero of the Wind (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.40 Ganon's Castle (sequenced; unknown)
2.46 Illusionary Room (sequenced; unknown)
2.47 Puppet Ganon First Half (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.52 Puppet Ganon Second Half (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.53 Ganondorf Battle First Half (streamed; Minegishi per streamed Wii U file)
2.55 Farewell Hyrule King (streamed; Kondo per streamed Wii U file)
2.56 Ending (streamed; unknown)
2.57 Staff Credits (streamed; Nagata per streamed Wii U file)
2.58 Epilogue (streamed; unknown)
2.59 Aryll's Theme (not in the game; Nagata per this album)
2.60 Game Demo (streamed; unknown)

For the Nagata "n_zelda" ones you listed I cross-referenced the following but as Mentalo said the rearranged HD tracks are not indicative of the original composers for the GameCube version:

Spoiler:
1.02 File Select (unknown; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Select_CK.n")
1.04 Outset Island (Nagata per sound bank "n2i_link"; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U files "ProloIsl_A_Intro_CK.n", "ProloIsl_A_CK.n", "ProloIsl_B_CK.n")
1.05 Inside a House (unknown; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "House_CK.n")
1.06 Old Men's House (Nagata per sound bank "n2i_link"; Ohta/Hayazaki did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "House_G_CK.o")
1.07 Fencing Instruction (Nagata per sound bank "n2i_link")
1.11 The Forest of Outset Island (Nagata per sound bank "n2i_link"; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "ProloForest_Fade_CK.n")
1.16 Grandma (Kondo per this album; Ohta/Hayazaki did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Baachan_CK.o")
1.19 Inside the Pirate Ship (Nagata per sound bank "n6pirate"; Wakai did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Pirate_Cabin_CK.w")
1.22 Forsaken Fortress (Nagata per sound bank "n3i_maju"; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "MajuIsl_CK.n")
1.28 Windfall Island (Nagata per sound bank "n11i_tur"; Nagata did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "TauraIsl_CK.n")
1.30 Dawn (unknown)
1.31 Ocean (Nagata per this album p. 52)
1.33 The Second Maritime Battle (unknown; Asahi did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Diocta1_CK.aa")
1.41 Game Over (unknown)
1.49 Wind's Requiem (unknown)
1.51 Yacht Game (unknown)
1.52 Yacht Game Goal (unknown)
1.53 Yacht Game Failure (unknown)
1.55 Song of Passing (unknown)
1.56 Forest Haven (Nagata per sound bank "n7i_mori")
1.57 Inside Forest Haven (Nagata per sound bank "n7i_mori")
1.58 The Deku Tree's Crisis (Nagata per sound bank "n7i_mori"; Aasahi did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Deku_Pinch_CK.aa")
1.60 Forbidden Woods (unknown; Ohta/Hayazaki did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "D_Forest_CK.o")
1.65 The Great Sea is Cursed (unknown)
2.02 Get Master Sword (unknown; Ohta/Hayazaki did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "MasterSword_Get_CK.o")
2.19 Ballad of Gales (unknown)
2.20 Fairy Spring (Nagata per sound bank "n8s_race"; Ohta/Hayazaki did the HD arrangement per streamed Wii U file "Elf_CK.o")
2.54 Ganondorf Battle (unknown)

There's a lot of overlap with the "pure" Nagata sound bank tracks. As you said G Boy, we can't really use them as confirmation that they were all done by Nagata. But personally I could see Nagata as their composer (maybe with the exception of "Grandma", "The Second Maritime Battle" and "Ganondorf Battle", though not based on the style but merely on known credits/comments).