VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:26 PM

During credits > Sound Section:

Yuki Ichiki
Yukinori Takada
Tsukasa Saitoh
Yuji Kanda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...YE2SraE#t=389s

They are all members of N.O.Y.B. unit. And while we don't know who exactly should be credited for the 4 tracks present on this CD, it should be safe to put unit's name in a composer's field.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:08 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm just curious; where does the catalog number come from? And where is the Japanese title (I only see the 御伽楽奏 part written on the disc)?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 08:44 PM

The catalog number is from the matrix code, you'd have to flip the disc to see it.
As for the Japanese title (御伽) it was simply taken from Suruga-ya's reference page. Perhaps it shouldn't be in original title field, since it's not on the disc. And I guess there were no other pages/liner notes included with the game to have that title, just the disc itself.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 09:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Okay, thanks for confirming. The Japanese title at least needs some work I think, but this is a tough one. The way I see it, 御伽楽奏 could be either a full Japanese title (a bit different from "<...> original soundtrack" obviously) or just a suffix. But if we decide on that it's a suffix, the translation is a bit weird, because then we have Otogi in the title twice. What say you?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:37 PM

I think we could just drop the ~御伽~ part (since it's not on the album art) and make it into: O・TO・GI ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK 御伽楽奏
Yes "御伽楽奏" is probably an elaborate way of saying "original soundtrack". Google translates 御伽楽奏 as = Fairy music extravaganza. That's one heck of a extravaganza for a title, that's for sure, why couldn't they just call it an "OST" and be done with?

But yeah, "御伽" doesn't need to be there twice since... it's not there twice. If artowrk did have "御伽" and "御伽楽奏" separately then I guess we could keep them both, but as it stands, there's no need to.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:25 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I agree with dropping ~御伽~. But when I said that suffixing 御伽楽奏 would make "Otogi" appear twice, I meant because the romanized title itself is "O·TO·GI". I don't know if you interpreted that differently, but that's how meant. Anyway, for now I removed ~御伽~ from it.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:55 AM

Oh I see, yes I must've interpreted it differently. I thought you were talking about it being twice like this:
O・TO・GI~御伽~ ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK 御伽楽奏

Frankly I think the Japanese title is good the way it is now: O・TO・GI ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK 御伽楽奏
Even if O・TO・GI shows up in it twice when romanizing the whole thing, it's fine. So yes, treating 御伽楽奏 as a suffix and keeping it with the whole title seems like the right way to do it.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 08:08 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Ah, haha, I hadn't even considered that (that would've made it 3 times), because I was set on removing ~御伽~ all along. But anyway, yeah, I agree, let's keep it this way. Maybe we don't need to translate it.

Last edited by Nisto; Aug 6, 2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:22 AM

Don't forget to give the same treatment to Otogi: Hyakki Toubatsu Emaki, it needs the giant dots in title too
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:35 AM

smaller dots will be cuter