VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:45 PM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album
Default For Game Music Lovers : Jazz Paladin Productions

Greetings all! I am excited to have found an exciting new place where lovers of game music can be united against all forms of oppression against the world of video game arts!

I just thought I would take a minute or two to introduce myself. My name is Michael, and I am currently on a quest (Or call it a mission, if you are more of a Blues Brothers type).

After years of wrestling with the idea, I finally decided that I needed to take matters into my own hands in order for Justice to be served. Many video game music composers have poured their hearts into making music that stirs the soul, and in many cases (especially those working in the 8 and 16 bit eras), these people have failed to be recognized for their remarkable works since many times people judge them based on the limitations of the media they worked on.

A secondary injustice upon fans of games themselves is the fact that, despite their valiant efforts to make their voices heard, many companies fail to listen to these fans and produce remakes of their timeless video game classics. While I cannot combat this Evil directly (The Dark Ones are very powerful indeed), I can offer to produce an art form that will take you back the the place where your fondest musical memories began. A place where Mist Dragons roam and Time Devourers threaten the existence off all. A place where Dracula is born again every 100 years, and where Lunarians slumber. A place where we can all be Heroes.

Thus, Jazz Paladin Productions has been born. I hope to share more news about my endeavours over the next few days and weeks, but know that I am here to answer any questions or take any suggestions that any may have.

What I can tell you so far is that from a production standpoint, the ball is rolling, and things are sounding great. My weapons of choice are the saxophone and electric harp, as well as secondary percussion instruments, so I hope to entertain with whatever skill that I can.

With Faith As Their Shield,
Jazz Paladin

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Jan 28, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Paladin View Post
Thus, Jazz Paladin Productions has been born. I hope to share more news about my endeavours over the next few days and weeks, but know that I am here to answer any questions or take any suggestions that any may have.
I am particularly interested in knowing which area you aim to cover. I am afraid it will be 8-bit consoles, which are, in my mind, sufficiently covered by standard releases. I hope, but am afraid to be mistaken, that you want to focus on 8-bit computers, especially those different from C64 (which, although great, is also very well covered). So, which will it be?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:56 AM

Thank you for the question! I have quite a long laundry list of songs that I have always wanted to professionally record, and that I know I can realistically do a good job of. As of last count, that list is at least 75 songs long, and growing as I remember yet another song that I have always wanted to try.

With that being said, the range I am working with spans the 8 to 32 bit console area so far. Most of what I have listed so far is from the SNES/Playstation/Genesis days and will encompass a more "acoustic" or "jazzy" style, but some of the more well-loved treasures from the 8 bit era are on the list as well.

I know that quite a few of these console tunes are standards these days, and are done almost ad nauseum. The only consolation I can offer in this regard is that I believe my interpretations will be both unique in structure and instrumentation. Another point is that I have also listed some of the lesser exhibited tunes as songs I want to invest time in to make up for the fact that so many of these songs have already been done well by so many other people.

I hope to have a small sample of my work online shortly. I just need to get a new host for my domain and I am set.

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Jan 29, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 04:52 PM

One update!

A full version of Corridors of Time will be available on Bandcamp in a few days!

I am truly excited to be able to present this. If all goes well, this will be the first of many leading to an eventual CD release, so if you like it, just an invitation to please support the campaign!

Here's a little something to entertain in the meantime!

Jazz Paladin Weapon #1

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Feb 11, 2015 at 04:59 PM.