VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Product (Anime) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Wasn't this movie originally released in Japan? If so, we need to add the Japanese title to the entry.

Additionally, some of these anime with multiple regions are tricky because there will be music that applies to different releases. The US movie and the Japanese movie are mostly the same, but some vocals are different. We are handling cases like this (and the guys can correct me if I'm wrong in this case) with releases. So, this entry would need a release for the US and JP release, and albums would be linked to the appropriate release.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:17 AM

I added separate Japanese and US release dates to the entry, and moved the current album to point to the US release.

Edit: Or so I thought... The product on the album page is now a parenthesis?! I'm changing it back, ack.

Last edited by Foxhack; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Interesting. If you don't specify a platform, you just get parentheses. I will have to fix that bug. Meanwhile, adding the "Movie" platform fixed it.

EDIT -- I think I've fixed the bug.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:05 PM

Where "Theatrical Edition Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo's Counterattack" came from? It sounds too much literal and like an unofficial translation which we normally avoid.