VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 27, 2015, 06:38 PM
Trusted Editor

As I said in the notes, this is the compilation of the 3 Image Albums for Crystal Dragon.
This is the CD I have about Crystal Dragon, so I verified all the credits on my booklet too.

The titles of the albums are written like that in the booklet and on the back jacket:
クリスタル☆ドラゴン2 (with or without espace for the number "2")
クリスタル☆ドラゴン3 (with or without espace for the number "3")

It is the same thing for the animex 1200 releases (on the obi + on the back booklet with the list of all the Amimex 1200 release), see the scans.

There are some chorus too on Disc 2 for tracks 6, 11 & 13 but the artist is credited, it is always Yumi Murata or not?

My quick opinion: all the 3 image albums are composed, arranged and performed (by synthesizer) by Masahiro Sasaji, plus there are a lot of chorus (like scats sometimes), more often on the 1st image album. I think the compositions for the image abums 2 & 3 are really better. Well, if you like the sound of the synthesizers and the sound of the 80's, I think you will enjoy these albums like me! These albums are very good

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 27, 2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:18 AM
Trusted Editor

Default Please, some freedom in the notes!

@ Illidan:

I would bet 100 €uros that you would delete "Crystal Dragon 2" and "Crystal Dragon 3" in the fourth line (for the other albums); well i would win some money...

And the chorus (or scats) are not considered like vocals here? Yumi Murata is nothing?

Also you have edited the notes for insignificant details yet!
Seriously, I spend a lot of time for these submissions and it's never perfect for you! I have enough of that! If you don't give any freedom in the notes, you must say it! Please accept some "fantasy" sometimes Illidan!
I spend some time for the notes, so maybe I could put my preferences in the notes, no?

If I prefer to write:
"Disc 1: track 01~10" than "Disc 01:01~10" like you
or "vinyl ref.: CX-7159" than "CX-7159"
or "For the first time these albums are printed on CD" than "First time printed on CD"
or again "All tracks except 06 & 13 on Disc 1" than "All tracks except Disc1-06, 13" like you

Is it really a problem for you Illidan, or that is just for the "pleasure" of edition?
If you want always to do according to your preferences, maybe you should submit all the albums yourself, no?

With your eternal edits, I have the impression to be "a bad student who do always some faults". After people will think that i do a bad work here!
I become irritable, really!

Well, maybe the next time, I won't put anything in the notes, than to rack my brains...

PS: I didn't send a private message, that is intentionally.
Plus I add a missing space (after a decimal point) who was missing in your edit (yes, not perfect).

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 28, 2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The numbers are written as II and III in the original prints, 2 and 3 appear just on the obi of the animex reprints.

Vocal shouldn't be selected if it's just chorus without lyrics instead of, well, vocals.

The notes were a mess using 3 different notations for indicating track numbers and I've cleaned them up to make them more readable, just stick to one of them.

Also, you should consider calming down and changing your attitude. I don't mind answering questions but it's starting to become hard if you take every edit as a personal offense.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
@ Illidan:

I would bet 100 €uros that you would delete "Crystal Dragon 2" and "Crystal Dragon 3" in the fourth line (for the other albums); well i would win some money...

just for info, when a bet is made, both party must be agreed with the conditions of the bet
if illidan never agrees with that bet, so you can't win money since the bet isn't valid ;p
Old May 28, 2015, 01:12 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
The numbers are written as II and III in the original prints, 2 and 3 appear just on the obi of the animex reprints.
That's wrong, number 2 -surely 3 too- appears on the vinyl, and numbers 2/3 on the booklet back of the animex reprints (all the image albums have the same picture on the booklet back), and too in the booklet and on the back jacket of COCC-7665 to indicate the 3 Images Albums released on vinyl.

Quote:
Vocal shouldn't be selected if it's just chorus without lyrics instead of, well, vocals.
Not very logical... But OK I will know it now.

Quote:
The notes were a mess using 3 different notations for indicating track numbers and I've cleaned them up to make them more readable, just stick to one of them.
A mess for that? You're going too far! That were my preferences, and that was easy to read, and maybe more than after your edit!

Quote:
Also, you should consider calming down and changing your attitude.
Otherwise what? I know that was not a very kind message for you, but I say it like I think. And I haven't order to receive from you, or other people.

Quote:
I don't mind answering questions but it's starting to become hard if you take every edit as a personal offense.
A personal offense? Not really, I don't like the injustice.
Old May 28, 2015, 01:31 AM
VGMdb Administrator

My bad, I didn't look at the vinyl. I still find it a bit unnecessary, but you can add it back if you want to, remember to keep the star in the title. The notes here should use the albums main title, so they're fine as it is.
Old May 28, 2015, 01:52 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
My bad, I didn't look at the vinyl. I still find it a bit unnecessary, but you can add it back if you want to, remember to keep the star in the title.
I don't say only stupidities
Well, that's done.
Old May 28, 2015, 07:24 AM

time for some romanization explanations
2.05 as I have no real idea about the meaning of that trackname, I used something less ugly than that could give
2.07 normally the track means "sword of fire" but for an unknown reason the jap who made the furigana used some unknown "irish" word I can't find on any irish-english dictionary (it should be "faoghar an tine")
Old May 28, 2015, 01:33 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
time for some romanization explanations
2.05 as I have no real idea about the meaning of that trackname, I used something less ugly than that could give
From what I read; a demon "邪眼のバラー" [Balor of Evil Eye (?)] put a drop of his black blood on ヘンルーダ/ Heinruda's forehead to control her. It must be sealed with the power of the circlet Arianrhod was given. If not, she'll be possessed by evil spirit/demon.

And, maybe, I could be wrong but I believe that "ル・ガール" is a typo and should be "ルー・ガルー" as French (?) word for werewolf. That makes more sense to me as she's has no memories during the time the circlet is removed and bloody murders happen in the same time...
Old May 28, 2015, 04:04 PM

I thought of that eventuality, but it'd really be a weird typo (I read the story on wikipedia, and there indeed is a wolf)
if there was no middot or interpunkt, I coulda even thought about "Regard" french for look or glance (with "jagan/evil eye", it could maybe have sense)
without forgetting that I omitted the possiblity of a ru(which could be changed into "le" french for "the")+girl, too weird and too vague