VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 27, 2020, 03:22 AM
Trusted Editor

"Hoshi no Ondine" is certainly one of the lesser known Seiji Yokoyama albums released, and also one of the rarest. Not surprising since it is about a radio drama released in the early 1980s, while the late Seiji Yokoyama was not yet the best known.

The album contains drama of course, but also instrumental parts, several songs and even scats by Kazuko Kawashima, but it seems she’s not credited on the album.

The cast is important with a large number of seiyuu, and the orchestration has pride of place too so that the album is also called "symphonic drama".

Then the translation of the title "アニメリア・ファンタジア" is tricky: "ファンタジア" should be normally Fantasia, but for "アニメリア" I’m not sure it’s Animerear, perhaps it’s Animeria, Animelia or something else? "Animerear" is a word that seems to me to have a little more meaning.

About the cast, Alien (hoshibito) character names found with transcription are pretty weird too: "Arpedios" (or Alpedios?), "Okachimeria", "Okachimaria"…

By zooming on the scan of the second vinyl, we can see that there is at least one other lyricist than 比嘉恵夢 and Takashi Yanase.

I think it’s surely 摂津敏之 credited for the "work" (if it’s synonym with writer) on the back cover and also on the slipcase interior, the kanji seem to correspond by zooming on the image.
Or else it won’t be easy to get the information about it, unless someone buys the album.

Otherwise 5 staff credits lines written on the slipcase interior are missing too, I think it concerns the technical staff (engineer, mixer ...), but I can’t have a close-up image to that.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 05:30 AM
Trusted Editor

I changed it to "Animeria". The only other use of アニメリア I can see from a cursory search translates it to Anime-Area, but seeing as that seems inapt for this album, I think that a direct transliteration is needed until an official translation can be found.