VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:52 AM

I fixed a number of errors in the Japanese tracklist: the wrong type of tilde was used (ours started waving down and then ended waving up 〜 the one in the tracklist starts waving up and then ends waving down ~), some open parenthesis characters were replaced with 「 open Japanese quoting characters, ANTISPECTER was missing the の戦索― on the end which looks like some kind of copy+paste typo but is still there in the tracklist, and also I replaced enclosing dashes - with enclosing horizontal bars ― because the dashes are a little too short and horizontal bars are used in Japanese to kind of quote stuff anyway so it's doubly appropriate. I'll make the same fixes for the Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Original Sound Track.

Also, I'll just mention something funny about the credits in the booklet: there are discrepancies in two of the tracks' composers. The first is for disc 1 track 19, 忠勝 ~Sengoku2 Mix~. This booklet says it was composed by Hidehisa Nakazono and Mari Yoshida, but the Sengoku Musou 2 Original Sound Track booklet only credits Hidehisa Nakazono. The second is for disc 2 track 1, THEME OF LU BU~DW SW MIX~. This booklet says it was composed by MASA and Masato Koike, but the Sengoku Musou Original Sound Track booklet only credits MASA. Honestly, I'm positive that Masato Koike is an error, and Mari Yoshida might be too. But anyway, yeah, infos
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:41 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Also, I'll just mention something funny about the credits in the booklet: there are discrepancies in two of the tracks' composers. The first is for disc 1 track 19, 忠勝 ~Sengoku2 Mix~. This booklet says it was composed by Hidehisa Nakazono and Mari Yoshida, but the Sengoku Musou 2 Original Sound Track booklet only credits Hidehisa Nakazono. The second is for disc 2 track 1, THEME OF LU BU~DW SW MIX~. This booklet says it was composed by MASA and Masato Koike, but the Sengoku Musou Original Sound Track booklet only credits MASA. Honestly, I'm positive that Masato Koike is an error, and Mari Yoshida might be too. But anyway, yeah, infos
If I were to take a guess, I'd say that Yoshida is credited for 1.19 and Koike for 2.01 because they arranged them for this game. DW7's OST also has a problem where the arranger is credited as the composer (track 2.15). 8|
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:20 PM

But no, those songs are from their respective games. They were not rearranged in any way. At least I know Lu Bu SW Mix wasn't, don't know about the other one since I don't own the Sengoku Musou 2 Original Sound Track but yeah @_@

Unless you mean they arranged them in those respective games and never got the arranger credit...

Last edited by Hellacia; Aug 18, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've never heard this album. If they're just reused straight and not arranged at all then that's just weird as heck.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:50 PM

Yeah, I thought it was worth mentioning, I added it to the notes field :3