VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:59 AM

Default Spotify

Spotify has thousands of vgm soundtracks - from AAA to indies to remix/cover albums.

The Spotify Gamers site is a nice start, but it needs a bit fleshing out.

Is there a nifty way to pull Spotify links from the current database (limited to video game music) to create a more comprehensive resource?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 01:54 PM

Not sure what you're asking here. If you're wondering if Spotify OSTs can be added, yes they can under links. See the Undertale OST for example.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 06:21 PM

Ah, I was pretty unclear.

I was wondering if it's possible to compile a list of all releases in VGMdb's database that have Spotify links.

I'm trying to get a sense of how many OSTs are on Spotify.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:51 AM
VGMdb Staff

Whether or not it is possible, as things currently stand, I don't think it'd do much good as I wouldn't say that Spotify links are being routinely added. This is for a number of reasons (people being unsure whether they're eligible to add, being one) but the upshot is that any list that can be generated from here is bound to be full of gaps and, realistically, I can't see anybody taking the time to retroactively add a whole bunch of links.
Personally speaking, I tend to add them if available as I'm increasingly using Spotify for VGM albums but I'm thinking I'm in the minority and even I don't do it every time.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 06:08 AM
VGMdb Staff

There's also this thread about Spotify but it's no wonder it gets buried on these boards easily:
http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15210

As for me, I don't mind the Spotify links and I imagine I would end up using the service to some extent if it wasn't country-blocked (in my case).

Tags
spotify