VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default ANZX-9458: Ren'ai Circulation & Atogatari (reprint)

So, err.. There's two discs in this release, with different titles. Should we name the album titles like so maybe?:
Blu-ray title / CD Title

The case only says what the title currently is, though.

Last edited by Nisto; Feb 4, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

In general, I'd go with the title on the box.

Also, isn't this just an anime Blu-ray with an enclosed music disc? If so, the Blu-ray should be removed, and we go with the music disc title.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:10 PM

man, don't add the blu-ray/dvd disc, it's irrelevant

some staff can delete disc 1 (blu-ray one) ?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh, I wasn't aware that's how we do with these kind of releases. So sorry.
Can you make the price into a package price? Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, in this case, it's a BD (main product) with an enclosed CD so we just list the enclosure.
Similarly, for games (main product) with enclosed CDs we don't list the game itself in the media.

Other releases that are an album CD (main product) with a bonus DVD or such are ok to add as CD + DVD media.

Also note, if somebody wants to go ahead, we need to add enrties for the DVD versions, which have their own catalogue number. Maybe as a parent of the blue ray but I haven't decided how to handle this yet.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:18 PM

I think it's better to use DVD releases as parent (since blu-ray releases are recent in comparison of DVD releases which are older and still released)

(even if I think you could simply add the blu-ray releases info in the DVD releases page)
Old Feb 4, 2011, 02:24 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah I'd like to add them as parents but I'm not sure how to do it reliably. It's easy to add child albums but the other way around is a bit trickier.

When the catalogue number is different it's always best to add a new reprint, to make it searchable.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Cedille, why remove the scan of disc 1... ? That's like removing booklet pages that doesn't have anything to do with the Compact Disc.

Last edited by Nisto; Feb 4, 2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Cedille, why remove the scan of disc 2... ? That's like removing booklet pages that doesn't have anything to do with the Compact Disc.
No, the scan I removed was the anime disc (named disc 1). I wouldn't delete any booklet image which even doesn't contain anything substantial, as long as they were part of a soundtrack package, but I didn't think we normally add the scan of game disc (and its instruction booklets) to the galley, in a case where the second disc of a game package is the soundtrack. At the least, that's the way I submitted similar albums in the past.

To tell the truth, though, soon after the deletion I realized it's not you who added it and was going to reupload it stealthily for that moment
Old Feb 4, 2011, 04:03 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I originally added the BD disc/booklet for this and other Bakemonogatari albums, since I thought they'd help to collect info later (useful to compare with the DVD release), plus some pages in the booklet have info for the CD (I had them named the BD-related scans accordingly but they got renamed. Oh well).

But if you feel they stray too much go ahead and remove them.