VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 18, 2022, 08:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@Rrolack

I'm a little confused. Why are you adding empty drafts to these albums?

Also, the source you gave has lots of information, including the tracklist and credits, so you should add those. Otherwise, it just makes more work for me or someone else.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 07:57 PM

Hi there,

I must not understand how artist drafts are supposed to work. I'd thought the intention was to link artists who appear across different albums. So for example, if there is new album with artist X, I'll find another existing album with artist X, make a draft from that existing album, and then apply it to the new album. And if the draft is empty because it was already empty for the existing album, then so be it (or so I thought).

For the additional information, going forward I'll be better about making sure to add all of the info. Sorry about that for this album.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 07:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

@Rrolack

I see the confusion. That's not how the drafts are meant to work. The draft system is a way for regular users to link artists, but I would recommend that you start by going to your drafts, and clicking on "Add new draft", give it a name, and optionally add some notes to it. Then, you will be able to paste credits in plain text directly into the "Mass Add" box. Text like:

Quote:
Composed by John Smith
Guitar: Bob Jones
歌: Jane Doe
These will be parsed and turned into roles. You should use the exact role that is contained in the booklet or in other sourced notes. When your draft is ready, you can submit it the same way you have been.