VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
VGMdb Staff

I don't think 'Original Image Album' is meant to be part of the title, since (unless I'm mistaken) it's only written on the front of the spine card, a place which typically lists various informative text regarding the album.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:41 PM

If you mean the obi, then yes.

I basically did the same thing as both CD releases of the Mother OST and looked at it, seeing the part that officially called those albums Original Soundtracks (instead of a pure Vocal album) and this album an Image Album, which, given the content, makes a LOT more sense than if it were simply dubbed an OST.

Besides, Western soundtracks find ways of saying "Official/Original Soundtrack/Score" or "Music From/Inspired by [blank]." This is just how Japan abides to this universal labeling standard. And yes, everything to the left of that is indeed junk to some degree.

Mother 1+2, however, is still an Original Soundtrack by name instead of an arrange album. There's nothing I can do about that one.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:27 AM
VGMdb Staff

Well, it would have been different if it had been listed on the front cover, spines, or even the middle part of the spine card, but the way it is I think it's pretty clear it was meant to be a helpful album description and not a part of the album title.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:11 PM

Am I reading correctly that the last three songs being credited to just Tanaka means he composed all the featured songs in the mixes?