VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:16 PM

Is anyone able to upload scans of this album? I'd be very interested in the rumoured composer pictures present in the liner notes. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

There are indeed photos of the composers (and sound designers) in the booklet, though they are rather dark (each person is photographed while 'behind bars') and usually partially obscured by text. In case no one can provide scans I took a some quick shots for you.

After all these years I just now noticed that Hiroaki Kondo is wearing a Chicago Blackhawks jersey - pretty cool and surprising! Oh, and Yuki Iwai is pretty scary xD
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:40 PM

Big thanks for the pics! It's a pity that Capcom weren't prepared to offer better pics, but this is better than nothing for composers like the Iwais who have never been pictured before.

Based on this picture, I'm not really sure we can be sure that this picture isn't Hideki Okugawa. Sure, they look a bit different, but I'd be more tempted to say the photographs are of the same person taking into account the different qualities of the pictures and 10 year age gap. The facial features look pretty similar to me.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:15 AM

For the sake of clarity:

Tetsuya Iwanaga (Ken [Zero & EX], Guy) [1/2 of Dan in Zero1 via Ken voice sampling; similar stance is also a giveaway of their similarities]
Yuji Ueda (Balrog/Vega, Blanka)
Akiko Kohmoto [Akiko Komoto] (Cammy)
Yuko Sasamoto (Sakura [Zero & EX])
Masashi Sugawara (E. Honda)
Wataru Takagi (Adon, Birdie, Sodom, Zangief [Zero & EX], Gen)
Junko Takeuchi (R. Mika)
Tomomichi Nishimura (Vega/M. Bison [Zero & EX], Gouki/Akuma [Zero & EX])
Michiko Neya (Rose in Zero3)
Osamu Hosoi (Dan in Zero2 & 3)
Shin'ichiroh Miki [Shinichiro Miki] (Sagat [Zero], Narrator/Announcer in Zero1 & 2)
Yuko Miyamura (Chun-Li [Zero & EX]) [Rose in Zero1 & 2]
Tomoyuki Morikawa [Toshiyuki Morikawa] (Ryu in Zero3, Nash/Charlie)
Miko Yamada (Karin)
Yoshiharu Yamada (Dhalsim [Zero & EX])
Kouichi Yamadera [Koichi Yamadera] (Cody, M. Bison/Balrog)
Jin Yamanoi (Rolento)
Greg Irwin (Narrator/Announcer in Zero3)

Toshihide Tsuchiya (Guile)
Kohsuke Toriumi [Kosuke Toriumi] (Fei-Long)
Yoshitada Ohtsuka [Hochu Otsuka] (Dee Jay)
Syozo Iizuka [Shozo Iizuka] (T. Hawk)

Katashi Ishizuka [Credited as Takashi Ishizuka in Street Fighter EX OST booklet] (Ryu in Zero1 & 2 & EX Series) [Uncredited in Zero1] [1/2 of Dan in Zero1 via Ryu voice sampling; similar stance is also a giveaway of their similarities]

**Home version-exclusive unofficial breakdown:
Takayuki Iwai: World Tour, Dramatic Battle, Call to action —Theme of Fei Long— ---> First two are menu themes; World Tour closest to Character Select; Dramatic Battle closest to Prismatic stars (R. Mika); Fei Long is very similar to Dramatic Battle
Yuki Iwai: Plight —Theme of Guile— --> Techno/arcade-esque, but just not the same as Takayuki; similar bass as Scala (Rose); also similar to Moments (Gen) [the background "squirming" sound]
Isao Abe: Training ---> First section similar to Story Demo 1; second section similar to Story Demo 3; Abe is closest to main theme usage after Takayuki.
Hideki Okugawa: Tropical storm —Theme of T. Hawk— --> Rock-oriented; some jazzy funk in it, mainly near the end; similar to Kakugo (Sodom) [the "cuts"]; significantly decreased probability of Abe composing this [see below]
Tetsuya Shibata: Super maximum —Theme of Dee Jay— ---> Same exclusive instruments as Doll eyes (Cammy) and Performance (Dan); Abe composed Dee Jay's original theme, but since he clearly didn't compose this new one like he did for Sagat, then he couldn't have done T. Hawk's theme, either.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 1, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 09:19 AM
Trusted Editor

Who wants some SF Zero 3 OST? Some guy is selling over 50 copies new and sealed for 1.500円 each over at YAJ, just in case anyone is interested.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r73678117

Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:53 PM

Angry

Never saw the pics until now, thanks, seanne. And interesting indeed they are. Not sure about anyone else, but to me Yuki really reminds me a lot of Juli, i think it's the eyes and that blank stare and in one picture Juli's mouth DOES kind of look like that. Not saying it's deliberate, just saying that they look quite similar to me. Isao looks a little odd to me, though. Not sure if it's a bad pic or if he gained some weight at the time. lol

As for that one guy, no, i really don't think that's hideki, i can see how you might confuse the two, but there's something distinctive about him compared to Hideki. I don't know WHO it is or if he even works for capcom, but he isn't hideki.

And i am quite mad that the one game they did this with didn't have the people i wanted to see, although it was nice to see a younger yuki, there is no Syun, no young Yuko. etc on any of these albums. For Syun, either we aren't looking hard enough for him or he is unbelievably camera shy. Maybe he is ashamed of his face and M.I. Gomez is taking on his image. And maybe Yuko used to be a purple cyclops with tentacles and wings and a pipe for a nose and then finally blossomed in to what she is today.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 09:32 PM

I recently purchased a copy of the Street Fighter Zero 3 soundtrack. Last time I had a dub of it over a decade ago I remember it being very hit and miss with me. Not much has changed in that regard but I did discover a few tracks I overlooked before.

I started to write a review for it and I got to the point where In was talking about the character select theme. I don't like Alpha 3 as much as Alpha 2, but Alpha 3 went bonkers with the cast. So many characters. But the more I thought about this something seemed off. I started to look at the track listing and I'm like "isn't this missing a lot of character themes?"

Turns out it is and it isn't. The soundtrack is obviously covering the arcade release, not the home release. I don't think the second slate of characters were added until the console release. I decided to watch some game footage and yeah, there are additional character themes.

I'm not trying to act like I'm the first to discover this, but has anyone seen anyone else bring it up? I'm glad I kind of got a funny feeling about this because and investigated it because is worth noting in any review.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:24 PM
VGMdb Advisor

AFAIK the missing tracks (from the PS1 release):
- Guile stage
- Dee Jay stage
- Fei Long stage
- T. Hawk stage
- Training mode
- Dramatic battle mode
- World tour mode
(the PSP release has extra characters but don't think it has new music)

Last edited by Dag; Jul 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM.