VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 16, 2017, 03:24 AM

nice if some1 translate english this soundtrack tracklist or they are just same names vs other release?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 08:24 AM
Trusted Editor

Tracklist is identical to http://vgmdb.net/album/3061 (minus the GBA/arrange stuff), except these are looped and slightly louder. Not sure why this was even warranted :/
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:03 PM

Wasn't that album the inferior recording when compared to the original Scitron '95 release? Is this a straight reprint of the 2006 release with loops?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:21 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
Wasn't that album the inferior recording when compared to the original Scitron '95 release? Is this a straight reprint of the 2006 release with loops?
I don't own the original '95 Scitron 2000 series album (or even have a rip) so I can't say. But the difference between the 2006 and 2017 versions appears to just be loudness and looping. They have all the same tracks in the same order, they are just looped (most of them) so it covers 3 CDs instead of 2. It's not a direct reprint (the inserts are completely different) but the music sounds the same to me. The 2006 release didn't sound terrible it was just low volume but I didn't/don't have the original to compare it to.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 01:29 AM

What's the problem with the added loops exactly?
It gives the compositions some more time to breath, imho.
I for one never bothered getting one of the old releases because the music to both games was crammed onto two discs. I'm very happy with this new release - and with the fact it's 3 discs instead of two.

(Now they need to do some "Super Rom Cassette Disc in Quintet"-releases... )
Old Dec 3, 2017, 07:06 AM
Trusted Editor

I'm just disappointed. I don't feel that looping tracks and raising the volume really warrants spending the money one would to import an item like this, but if you do go for it. I'm just posting my observation for people.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 09:28 AM

Well yeah, I guess if I had one of the previous releases I would think twice about it too, but still I'm not sure what you expected else from this?
Correct me if I'm wrong, the somewhat recent "remaster" soundtracks for FFIV~VI and Romancing Saga I~III didn't sounded exactly different compared to their original releases as well. FFIV did shine also because of the added loops and there was an added track on the RS2 release, but other than that? SNES sound is SNES sound. I think in the case of this particular release it's very obvious what you get.

And for me this seems to be the best release/presentation of the music we got so far.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
The 2006 release didn't sound terrible it was just low volume but I didn't/don't have the original to compare it to.
Alright, thanks for the info. I seem to remember someone saying the 06 recording sounded muddy compared the original but that might have been the volume as you mentioned. I might pick this up then since I've always wanted a copy of Lufia 2 and it seems to be available from cdjapan without proxy markup.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:57 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbfish View Post
Alright, thanks for the info. I seem to remember someone saying the 06 recording sounded muddy compared the original but that might have been the volume as you mentioned. I might pick this up then since I've always wanted a copy of Lufia 2 and it seems to be available from cdjapan without proxy markup.
I thought it was widely known but Clarice Disc and CDJ are partners so no proxy/Daiko required: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/games_clarice