VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 16, 2010, 07:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default ANZB-3672: Sekirei Original Soundtrack Vol.1

I'm really confused about what is going on with this entry. It is supposed to be a 2 disc album? Is the 2nd (or 1st) disc a music DVD, or is this really a pack-in bonus with the anime? This question applies to all of these Sekirei entries.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:42 PM

I think they're just enclosed in the anime DVD & Blu-ray packages, as Aniplex usually does (and I think if both DVD and Blu-ray album have their own catalog numbers, I suppose it'd be better to have two entries (with the parent-child relationship), rather than merging the two into one entry).
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah I understand it's a CD that comes enclosed in (several) anime DVD/Blue Ray limited editions, so it's probably "enclosure" (or enclosure+limited, if it was possible).

As for separating it in two entries (Cedille's last link), well... I'm 99% sure the CD itself and its catalogue number remains the same (there are no cat# holes for this and the next albums), just that it comes in different packages.
I thought I'd list just the CD since so many reprints would be an overkill. Do we have any similar cases for the game's side?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
As for separating it in two entries (Cedille's last link), well... I'm 99% sure the CD itself and its catalogue number remains the same (there are no cat# holes for this and the next albums)
Do you realize "ANZX" and "ANZB" are different stems? (I was also once confused by it).

ANZX-9451 = Anime Blu-ray Vol.1
ANZX-9452 = CD
ANZX-9453 = Anime Blu-ray Vol.2
ANZX-9454 = CD

ANZB-9451 = Anime DVD Vol.1
ANZB-9452 = ???
ANZB-9453 = Anime DVD Vol.2
ANZB-9454 = ???

We need scans to confirm it, but holes like above indicates both BD and DVD pack-in CDs have their own catalog numbers.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:17 AM

oh sorry about that, I forgot about that enclosure thing
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:24 AM

ss: the sekirei ost 1's japanese tracklist where i put "must be deleted" must be deleted

Last edited by Phonograph; Sep 17, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Uh oh. I guess not, I didn't.
Seeing some sites do list ANZB-9452 etc (particulary this/alt, I'd guess it's 100% reliable), you are absolutely right and these should be reprint entries.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I wonder if it's the same CD enclosed in both the DVD and Blu-Ray release. If so, then we might only need one entry.

Thank you for the further explanation, Phonograph.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I wonder if it's the same CD enclosed in both the DVD and Blu-Ray release. If so, then we might only need one entry.
I'm not sure if a single letter difference warrants a separate entry, but I think a different catalog number might does, and as far as I saw, each of ANZ'X' and ANZ'B' numbers are printed on their discs so there is a physical difference, if slightly. I think this is basically similar to the relationship between LC and GFCA.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I'm not sure if a single letter difference warrants a separate entry, but I think a different catalog number might does, and as far as I saw, each of ANZ'X' and ANZ'B' numbers are printed on their discs so there is a physical difference, if slightly. I think this is basically similar to the relationship between LC and GFCA.
Well, if this CD were included in a game that came out in both DVD and Bluray format, we wouldn't have 2 entries because we don't usually care about the game's catalog number. Shouldn't the same apply here? The exception would be if the enclosed soundtrack disc has the catalog number printed on it, in which case we'd need separate entries.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
The exception would be if the enclosed soundtrack disc has the catalog number printed on it, in which case we'd need separate entries.
This was what I wanted to mean by my latest post. We've added 20~30 of those Aniplex pack-in albums to the database, and that catalog number (either ANZB- or ANZX-) is always printed on the disc scan (like this way). This ANZ*- stem might not belong to our main targets such as SQEX-, given most of them are for anime DVDs, but I feel it still gives each disc legitimacy for a separate entry, especially since we can't add multiple catalog numbers to one album under the current system (this may change in the future, though, as I remember there was one Doujin release that had two catalog numbers and some albums also do have both internal and external numbers).
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:24 PM

Somebody ought to check to see if Hiroaki Sano or Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. Two completely different people.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
Somebody ought to check to see if Hiroaki Sano or Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. Two completely different people.
my bad -_-
it's Hiroaki Sano (I don't know why I put Hiroyuki Sawano)

updated ^^;
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah since Blueray+CD and DVD+CD have different CD cat# I think they deserve new entries, even if the contents are the same. Like this and this.

But should we make the DVD+CD parent or BD+CD, or doesn't matter much?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:04 PM

dvd should be parent and blu-ray child (because blu-ray is more recent than dvd)