VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 22, 2018, 08:53 AM

I'd like panzer dragoon but I find panzer dragoon 1 and 2 have a sort of similarity
when panzer dragoon rpg sounds different from 1 and 2

I don't say 3 ones together would be a problem but I tend to think 1-2 shouldn't be mixed with rpg if some medleys are made

I thought of a sort of "Symphonia Nova Crystallis" (I'm sure it's guessable but to be sure FFXIII-1,2,3 + FF type-0 + Agito + FFXV)
maybe it could be the trick with type-0 =)
also I think that "Almighty Bhuniverze" track could be extended with other FFXIII battle themes since the track itself seems to reuse a track from FFXIII if my memory is good
Old May 22, 2018, 09:00 AM

Dear dancey and Phonograph

Thank you, I will get back to your suggestions later!
Old May 22, 2018, 09:04 AM
VGMdb Staff

Would you be the sole arranger for these projects or would there be other arrangers involved?

Also, which orchestra would you like to work with?
Old May 22, 2018, 09:09 AM

Thank you for your (quick) response Ken-P. I understand now how you and the company approach it and I have to agree with the reasoning, especially if copyrights are involved.

P.S. the list is now final. I promise
Old May 22, 2018, 10:46 AM
Trusted Editor

I am worried that we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here with ideas when the initial project is still to be financed and released, and I'd like to see more details on the concept of the announced Final Fantasy 4 album, too.
Still, it's really interesting to get an insight of the industry and an evaluation of the possibilities of having both really popular and really obscure titles arranged.
While we continue having this discussion, I'd like to chip in a few more possible titles as well:

Lunar Eternal Blue / Lunar The Silver Star | Sample 1 / Sample 2
Aside from the remakes a few years ago, these titles seem a bit overlooked. I think some of the field themes and battle themes would be interesting as performed by orchestra. License-wise this is probably an entirely different situation than Grandia, though. Still, these are some of Noriyuki Iwadare's most popular 'early works' and milestones in RPG music.

Heracles no Eikou 3, 4 | Sample 1 / Sample 2
I always thought the music has many similarities to Dragon Quest (especially the main theme..), so naturally it's going to be great for orchestra. I'm curious about the success of the upcoming Heracles no Eikou box, which took merely 4 years to produce. While the are a few arranges, I'm not aware of any symphonic arrangement.

Star Ocean The Second Story | Sample 1 / Sample 2
Now this may either be very obvious or not at all, but with the recent 'Tales Of' concert albums in mind and the mention of Valkyrie Profile in this thread, I'm confident that a symphonic arrangement of this game could be phenomenal and for once, a different approach than the prog-rock concerts of the past.

Ihatovo Monogatari | Sample 1 / Sample 2
A personal favorite of mine, I imagine this working very well for a smaller ensemble. Tsukasa Tawada has recently performed this music again on piano, so I assume he is still very passionate about this '93 RPG (rightly so). It still has a strong following in Japan, I think, as the literature it was based on.

Last edited by Teioh; May 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:37 PM

As for the Final Fantasy IV arrange project:

Would it be possible to include something from "The After Years"? I think it would be super cool to have something a bit more obscure on board.
Old May 22, 2018, 02:37 PM

to return the main subject: FFIV

I was wondering if the thing couldn't be done like an adventure (like when you play the game itself)
for example: a long medley could start as follows
-> red wings -> prologue -> main theme -> mt ordeals -> ... -> (underground world) -> ... -> (lunar world -> inside)
[...] = some tracks to fill in

as there is a symphonic suite final fantasy i-ii, this one could simply be named symphonic suite final fantasy iv
(in the wait of a ss ffv, ss ffvi and more?)
Old May 22, 2018, 03:49 PM

I hope I'm not too late to the party to suggest a game series whose soundtracks were conceived with an orchestra in mind. I may be biased because I revere the works of the multifaceted Kentaro Haneda, but his output in the Wizardry saga is of comparable quality to the earlier works of Koichi Sugiyama in the Dragon Quest series. It's just a pity that he had to use a synthesized orchestra for his albums instead of a real one.

On a few ocassions, Haneda himself arranged a few Wizardry pieces for symphony orchestra. I don't know many game scores with a Baroque sound so recognizable. It would be an amazing tribute to have a project dedicated to perform his music in the Wizardry series. High music-writing quality is already there in these soundtracks.

As for what approach I'd like to see the FFIV project to take, IMHO, the more symphonic narrative the better. If you could tell the story of FFIV in thematic suites (Baron Kingdom, characters relationships, the world of FFIV, Lunarians and Antagonists) would be much more interesting and compelling than a collection of selected pieces of the soundtrack. And I know that what I'm proposing is much more difficult to do than the Distant Worlds approach, but also much more rewarding.
Old May 22, 2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Would you be the sole arranger for these projects or would there be other arrangers involved?

Also, which orchestra would you like to work with?
The arranger is TBA

As far as the orchestra/performers goes, we do have several orchestras in mind, but ultimately it depends on the result of crowd-funding. However, our initial plan is to ask classical/concert performing orchestra or performers. We don't plan to use a pick-up orchestra (one-time only orchestra for recording).

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 24, 2021 at 11:15 PM.
Old May 22, 2018, 07:15 PM

Here are some updates.

<possible in a few weeks>
Donkey Kong Country series (mostly)

<need to do research>
Elemental Gearbolt
Elfaria 2
The Wonderful 101
Nobunaga's Ambition series
Romance of the Three Kingdoms series
Wizardry series

<possible, but we probably will not plan>
Dragon Quest series

I did updated the list below
https://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=16

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 24, 2021 at 11:16 PM.
Old May 23, 2018, 04:13 AM

Allow me to toss in my vote for SaGa Frontier 1 as well as the Sakura Wars series.
Old May 23, 2018, 04:56 AM

Thank you. I only think Odin Sphere is missing... which could also work very well as a Violin Concerto or Piano Concerto come to think of it, some very lyrical themes in that score: Odin Sphere (String Arrange)

Taking advice from others, some thoughts about FFIV for Symphony Orchestra:

I can only suscribe to what isdapi has said, a symphonic story in movements would be so much more rewarding than a collection of suites or medleys.
Maybe something like the "Final Symphony" album. But although Final Symphony did take this approach and is technically very high skilled, I feel something is yet missing.
If it could be more in style of the pure and elegant arrangements of Shiro Hamaguchi for Tour de Japon, that would be amazing.

From the pictures of VGM Classics I also see various recording locations, will they be stretch goals? Is a symphonic chorus also among them, like for Dissidia 012?
I imagine the Rudolfinum is a goal that can be reached if there's enough marketing buzz. Many Final Fantasy pieces were already recorded there afterall.

Last edited by VIN; May 23, 2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old May 23, 2018, 05:16 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinphonic View Post
From the pictures of VGM Classics I also see various recording locations, will they be stretch goals?
I imagine the Rudolfinum is a goal that can be reached if there's enough marketing buzz. Many Final Fantasy pieces were already recorded there afterall.
They are locations that Kentaro has recorded at in the past. Probably just placeholder images. You can find them on his website too: http://www.wisemanproject.com/comp-news-top-e.html
Old May 23, 2018, 07:34 AM

Hi.

"Odin Sphere" is under "possible in a few weeks" category.

And as some of you have suggested, the direction of "a symphonic story in movements" would be where we head because it make sense not only musically but also from gamers' perspective. Our current thought is that we do take "movements" approach to CD, but also gives recordings of "pieces" for those who contributed to crowd-funding as one of the bonus.

And yes, the pictures are from my projects, which I have permissions to use them as I wish. Of course, the company has already asked the facility about budgets etc.
As far as the places and orchestra goes, I have used most of the orchestral recording facilities around the world for my own or other works both credited and uncredited.
With that stated, Rudolfinum is one of the main orchestral halls in Czech, and has wonderful acoustics, and an pipe organ.
The downside is that it is a concert hall after all, and the distance between hall and the control room where the engineer is situated was far, and it is rather difficult to book.
People often asked that whether recording in concert hall or studio make difference or not. My answer is "yes" it makes difference, but practically "no" if the studio is large enough to accommodate the entire orchestra in one room. For example, Newman scoring stage in the 20C Fox studio has wonderful and more manageable/recording-friendly acoustics than many concert halls.
Anyway, ultimately, the decision of the place and orchestra would be made largely based on the result of crowd-funding. But, like I wrote, VGM Classics, as a classical label, wishes to work with regularly-performing orchestra, if it possible.

Now, as far as the choral staff goes, it is possible if there was a need and funding was met. For FF4, we would not use it probably.

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 23, 2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old May 23, 2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinphonic View Post
- Ys
- Kirby
- Kid Icarus
Ys has been orchestrated a billion times, unless you're thinking of games outside of Ys I & II. III and V each had "electric" orchestra albums but nothing with live instruments to my knowledge (save for "Wanderers from Ys" on Falcom Neo Classic). Honestly I think V would be best-suited to orchestra of all the games, but that's sort of a black sheep among fans because of the different direction the music took (I still love it though) and remains the only Ys story yet to be released worldwide in some form or another. I could see Ys VI or Seven working as well.

Kirby just got a 25th anniversary orchestra treatment last year and I don't think HAL would appreciate a "competing" album so soon after.

I don't really see the point in Kid Icarus. The original NES title didn't have a huge amount of music on it and a lot of Uprising is already orchestrated. New arrangements would of course be nice, but I'd rather see games that haven't been orchestrated before.

Last edited by Aifread; May 23, 2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old May 23, 2018, 04:47 PM

I can only thank you Ken-P for taking suggestions and engaging with us and giving some insight. It was (still kind of is) magic to me hearing various melodies from the Famicom/Super Famicom transformed and performed by a symphony orchestra, arranged with serious skill on the Orchestral Game Concerts and following albums.

All the albums and early concerts like the Smash Brothers DX orchestra concert were a joy to hear back in the day and nowadays an album like Final Symphony exists, as well as anniversary concert albums and even professional orchestras dedicated exclusivly to game music. I think a classical label under your musical direction will be a wonderful addition, even engaging with fans directly. I wish you the best and as I already said I will support it and I hope it can succeed and fulfill all the other wishes here in time.

P.S. also awaiting your own new compositions

@Aifread

Hm... I wasn't really considering if it has already been performed or not. Just a list of titles that I know work well with an orchestra and have strong melodies.

Some have already been orchestrated and performed by a studio or symphony orchestra as you say but that is a matter when the FF4 project is done.

Of course I would also prefer to hear game scores that were not recorded with live players before so I would urge for Ivalice/Kohei Tanaka/Wizardry after FF4.

Last edited by VIN; May 23, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old May 23, 2018, 07:03 PM

Dear all

Thank you for your ideas and inputs, I really appreciated.
VGM Classics welcome all ideas, and you don't have to hold back. Let VGM Classics take care of issues such as "whether it is already done or not, or too recent etc." If the VGM Classics didn't get licenses lawfully, we won't start a campaign to begin with. So, you tell us your ideas, and let us do the homework

Now, I start considering the following.
1) To make it clear "Final Fantasy IV" would be the first crowd-funding for a series of symphonic suite project including "IV, V, IV."
2) At the same time, to start a "Ivalice" project for "Vagrant Story" and "Final Fantasy Tactics," (and may be "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance."
3) Considering one more project line... Maybe "Seiken Densetsu 123/Mana" or "Terranigma/Soul Blazer (and if possible, Illusion of Gaia)"

Instead of presenting one crowd-funding idea at a time for a month or two only to realize it doesn't achieve its goal, it might be better to present two to three ideas at the same time, and see which one comes across. If they all come across, that is fine. If none, that is fine too, at least we confirm those doesn't attract enough as a project idea.

To tell you the truth, one project at a time is totally fine, but two (or three) projects possibility make sense in terms of better use of resources.
Old May 23, 2018, 09:26 PM
Trusted Editor

I assume you have gauged interest with Japanese users in the same fashion as here? I am curious what their thoughts and ideas are. Do you know a general fundraising goal of what would determine whether a project can be successful or not? From a western perspective we don’t have all that much insight into that with the exception of the Tommy Tallarico Video Games Live kickstarted
Old May 23, 2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I assume you have gauged interest with Japanese users in the same fashion as here? I am curious what their thoughts and ideas are. Do you know a general fundraising goal of what would determine whether a project can be successful or not? From a western perspective we don’t have all that much insight into that with the exception of the Tommy Tallarico Video Games Live kickstarted
Dear dancey
Being an American company, VGM Classics wanted to ask an English-based community for ideas first. So, I did it here.
In Japan, I announced the idea etc through my personal twitter and that all so far. The company wants to wait little bit until they get the Japanese office info sorted etc. I think it will take a few more days.

A general fundraising goal of an orchestral CD album project would be $40,000. As it is stated on the company's site, the company will do all-or-nothing fundraising to be fair, of course. If this amount is met, the album will be recorded and a CD and digital audio files will be published. Since the company decided to go on-demand route, there will not be out-of-print CD...
Comparing to Video Game Live, the fundraising goal is significantly lower, and this is possible because VGM Classics, as a recording label, doesn't plan to do a live concert, and the company was set up in a way that its operating cost is very low and don't have to include that part, other management and non-musical cost into fundraising.

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 23, 2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaro Sato View Post
3) Considering one more project line... Maybe [...] "Terranigma/Soul Blazer (and if possible, Illusion of Gaia)"
I'd like to know what is the problem with gaia gensouki

it's because there aren't tracks and it means that it must be "created" before being orchestrated?
or the problem could come from its composer yasuhiro kawasaki?
Old May 24, 2018, 01:42 AM

Dear Phonograph

At this point, let's say that getting the required license for a recording and its arrangements is always tricky.
Staff and start-up supporters of VGM Classics and I have already done a lot of homework, asking permissions, negotiations, contacting required parties etc, and that is why we have pretty good numbers of titles listed as "possible" here already.

But unfortunately, this particular game is a bit different from Terranigma, Soul Blazer, and perhaps ActRaiser 1. Though I should not say in what way it is different, let's say that since VGM Classics has started to do more research, let us give a bit more time on this.
Old May 24, 2018, 02:21 AM

If over 1000 People donated over 80000 Dollars for a Turrican II orchestral album and 90000 Dollars for Turrican: Orchestral Selections, it is possible (amazingly the last album has music arranged by Yuzo Koshiro)
Their presentation and reward system, especially for high-tier backers, seems to have worked very well.
I think for Final Fantasy, Ivalice and Zelda we can get more people than that, we have a chance

I also second including FF Tactics Advance and especially A2 into an "Ivalice series".
Other possibilities could be "Sega Series", "Nintendo Series" etc. It might be much easier to include obscure/less popular titles if they are part of a symphonic album series.

I don't know how difficult it is but it might be another good idea to get the original composers involved to say a few words or two about the project.
Or even get the original illustrators like Akihiko Yoshida or Yoshitaka Amano on board to draw/sketch/illustrate something for the album or even on the album if laws permit it.
Some collectors might be happily donating more if they can get more art from the original artists.

It might also be a good idea to get in contact with Thomas Böcker (interview here), who is the producer of Final Symphony and hosts the website Spielemusikkonzerte (Game Music concerts).
He would embrace the idea I think and might give it publicity (unless something I'm not aware of makes it not possible), other classical musicians like Benyamin Nuss and others would be also supportive of the idea.

In Japan there's Project 2083 who report all things (orchestral) game music and have a relativly large following on social media.

In sweden there's also the SCORE Game Music project that is very successful. If the words get out to other similar places I imagine they would be down to promote it or even perform pieces/movements from the symphonic albums if laws and copyright permit it.

At least a thousand people for Nintendo titles like Star Fox, Sega titles like Valkyria Chronicles (might be a good idea to start that when Valkyria Chronicles 4 releases in the west in october) or even VanillaWare titles are achievable to me. It all depends how many people know about it, there should be enough interest worldwide (and specifically in Europe and Japan) to make it possible.

Last edited by VIN; May 24, 2018 at 05:36 AM.
Old May 24, 2018, 02:46 AM

Nice thread, Ken-P, I like how you approach this whole project and wish you much success with it.

Personally I'd like to add following suggestions:
Mystic Ark
Gokinjo Bouken Tai
Lennus 2
Shining (Force) series (personally the Sonic/Camelot developed games up until Shining Force 3, I'm sure many would appreciate Shining Force 2 in particular)
Baten Kaitos series

For something really obscure I'd love to hear an orchestration of Wolfteam's Zan series. (Though of Wolfteam's output the games best known the West would be Sol Feace, El Viento and Earnest Evans.)

Last edited by Datschge; May 24, 2018 at 02:49 AM.
Old May 24, 2018, 04:16 AM

Personally I much prefer singular pieces of music be their own things rather than suites/medleys, but that's just me I guess....
Old May 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

Infrequent member, but here's my thoughts...

LUFIA II: RISE OF THE SINISTRALS:
One of the SNES era's most underrated JRPG soundtracks and one of a very few genuine classics that approach the level of quality that SE managed to turn out on a regular basis. This score in someways is simpler, more transparent than other JRPG scores, but it is no less rich. (The first game should be avoided; it is inconsistent and more often simple-minded than simple. Its best tracks came back already in Lufia II, devoting an album to FoD would be a waste of time.)

Tracks which are particularly ripe for orchestral arrangement...
  • "Rumbling"
  • "The Earth" - one of the series' best-loved tracks. The overworld theme, returning from the first game.
  • "Battle 1" - the first strings melody has always seemed to me perfectly suited for the clarinet. However, in my attempt to arrange it, I found the wide-ranging pizzicato difficult to adapt (only a cello or a harp have sufficeint range, I believe) while the slap bassline is, obviously, less than ideally suited to the orchestra. I am therefore increasingly convinced that this would perhaps do best as a chamber arrangement: clarinet (strings melody), oboe & flute (for the 2nd melody), piano (slap bass), harp (pizzicato), acoustic guitar or lute (electric guitar), and drumkit.
  • "The Prophet" - I will note that a marvelous orchestration by Daniel Ran already exists.
  • "Labyrinth" - this really could do with a nice, large, powerful orchestration to really bring the ominous feeling.
  • "Casino" - okay, I include this one for fun. It doesn't even need an orchestration. Just detune a harpsichord, drag in a tambourine and a lutist, and you've got it done...
  • "The Island in the Void"
  • "The Last Duel" - this track has a variety of names, unfortunately: "The Final Duel," "The Final Battle," "The Last Decisive Battle," "The Final Decisive Battle," and on, and on, and on... for pity's sake, let's just call it "The Last Duel," yes? It's the most unique name and therefore the most distinctive and memorable.

I'm afraid I've never quite heard an arrangement of this that one hundred percent pleased me. This one has appeared in every single Lufia game except for Ruins of Lore, which doesn't count. However, the two best versions of these are in Lufia II and Lufia: The Legend Returns, and out of them the natural starting point for them is the latter. TLR was a GameBoy game and therefore pared the piece back down to its very essentials: the scalar ostinato on a pedal A, the bass, the melody, and the percussion. The percussion can be discarded. However, the ostinato is vital, and retaining the syncopated notes during both the saw-wave portion of the melody and the high-range square-wave portion is an absolute must - they're original to TLR but add a great deal of richness to it. From the Lufia II arrangement can be drawn the a separate strings ostinato (which obscures the scalar ostinato so present in TLR, so for orchestra it ought to be scaled down), the harp ostinato that runs through it, the slower tempo, and the percussion. I also find that the chord progression/sub-melody from 1:46 adds a great deal. Finally, I would advise that it play for two loops, with the trumpet melody taken up by strings the first go-around before being played by brass.

Should bits drawn from Lufia II conflict with TLR, discard or modify the parts from Lufia II. TLR remains the best version of "The Last Duel."
  • "Theme of Daos" - a nice, dark arrangement would suit this well.
  • "The Savior of Those on Earth" - if you don't include this, Lufia music fans will burn your house down.
  • "Priphea Flowers" - if you don't include this, Lufia music fans, having successfully burnt your house down, will proceed to burn your family down. You've been warned!

VANDAL HEARTS & VANDAL HEARTS 2
Jormungand could make a fantastic case for these, I expect. But in case he hasn't, I shall make my meagre attempt:

The two Vandal Hearts games, not content with being just underrated for Tactics RPG games or PSX games, are some of the most underrated and unknown game scores of note of all time. The former is largely, though not exclusively composed by Hiroshi Tamawari - a very rough half-dozen tracks (eight or nine, I think) were contributed by Miki Higashino and Kosuke Soeda - Soeda's piece is one of the most bizarrely chromatic things I've ever seen; Higashino's work is probably the most mediocre she's ever written. Tamawari's work, however, is a goldmine of rhythmic interested and harmonic and textural depth. I feel that his battle themes for this first Vandal Hearts are somewhat weak: "Street Fighting" is repetitive (though it has a nice timpani solo), and though "Crisis" is justly famous for its distinctive minor-key ostinato, I've never quite fully bought it. "Tension" and "Warlock" are fantastic, though, as is "Mountains." "Enemy Turn" was difficult even with the game, a jarring mish-mash of far too many contrapuntal lines most of which were barely audible.

The whole score is, speaking truthfully, ensemble ready, however, it will be small ensembles as Tamawari - either by choice or by PSX limitation - either chooses not to or is unable to use full sections oftentimes. This does not stop his music from being rather on the dense end, though where transparency is superior, he is transparent - he is a talented orchestrator and bandestrator already. His non-battle work is particularly strong: "The Town on the Edge of the World" is delightfully mysterious, and I also love "Trade City Kerachi" and "Cultivation Village School." "Theme" is a must, "Haunted Railroad" a magnificent precursor to a similar track in VH2, and if "Peerless" is missing, you may've committed a crime: Tamawari brings back his own work, scores for a full orchestra, and works in Soeda's piece and Higashino's own "Vicissitudes of Fortune," which in his hands is far better and more emotive than in Higashino's own original pieces.

As for VH2, why, you could fill an entire disc or two of arrangements just from that game alone! I wouldn't know where to being with recommendations - "Overture," "The History," "Warfare on a Plain," "Will," many of the "Metamorphosis based on Theme" tracks are ripe, especially "The Two Trains Travel Side by Side," I personally love "The Capital," "Warfare on a Town," and I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned "The Hero's Theme."

The orchestrations are all basically orchestra-ready and I for one would love to here the tambourines and castanets brought to life.

TREASURE OF THE RUDRAS
One of the lesser-known SE masterpieces of the SNES era, this score by Ryuji Sasai is perhaps his finest work and easily stands up with the rest of the SE's scores. There's just so much I could recommend. "The Quest for Rudra's Mines," "Beginning for the End," the four character themes as well as their battle themes plus "Winners Take All," how about "The Tower of God," "Underwater City," "The Inhuman Condition," all four parts of the final battle theme, and both parts of "Beyond the Rising Moon", and still that leaves out many other fantastic tracks?

BREATH OF FIRE
If we speak of the two SNES BoF games, than only the first is really worth an album: it's one of the most unique-sounding scores, focusing as it does on virtuosic piano with an undercurrent of jazz, Mega Man, and Star Wars all in a largely orchestral setting. "The Dragon Warrior," "Starting the Journey," "Distant View," "A Powerful Emperor," and "Black Dragon" all present themselves as the immediately obvious candidates for arrangement.

BoFII can be ignored: underdeveloped, oft boring, and its samples give me a headache.

BOUNTY SWORD
One of Kohei Tanaka's finest efforts. It screams for orchestration.

INFINITY
Eric E. Hache's score for unreleased GBC game Infinity. The best unreleased GBC JRPG score I've ever heard, and that's more impressive than it sounds when you consider that Mythri is its competition! Eric E. Hache has orchestrated two of the tracks from the game, so they might serve useful as guideline for arrangement of the other tracks.
Old May 25, 2018, 07:45 AM

Dear Vinphonic
Thank you, the company and I will look into all the organizations you've suggested!

Dear TerraEpon
I am sure that some pieces would make sense as stand-alones. We do need to decide one way or the other for CD, but we are plan to give all pieces in stand-alone form for those contributed the fundraising as one of thank you gifts.

Dear Datschge and Terry93D.

Here are the updates excluded titles already listed
----
<possible>
Baten Kaitos 1, 2
Treasure of the Rudras
Mystic Ark

<difficult>
Paradin's Quest 2 (Lennus 2)
Gokinjo Bouken Tai
Infinity

https://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.ph...1&postcount=16
------

Now, some of you have asked me why we don't do a "composer-oriented" project. Thought I briefly wrote an explanation, the company wrote Q&A on this. So here is the link.
http://vgm-classics.org/05-Q&A-e.html#Q11
On the related note, this is one of the reasons why Nintendo often does not put composition credits in detail.
Credits are very VERY tricky business indeed; on-screen, off-screen, cue-credit, ghost-writings, and practically-ghost-writings etc...
They are complicated, probably more than most of you imagine.

Last edited by Kentaro Sato; May 25, 2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 25, 2018, 08:31 AM

it's maybe very VERY tricky but it doesn't stop a lot of other labels to be able to credit composer/arranger/etc info

even if there is few info, a minimum of crediting should be done
I find Nintendo should make an effort, it's disrespectful towards musicians who worked
Old May 25, 2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it's maybe very VERY tricky but it doesn't stop a lot of other labels to be able to credit composer/arranger/etc info

even if there is few info, a minimum of crediting should be done
I find Nintendo should make an effort, it's disrespectful towards musicians who worked
I guess their reasoning is if they don't list detailed credits for the other creators like artists, 3D modelers, animators, then, they should do the same for sound people if they belong to the company. Nobody will get detailed credits, and therefore, equal. Equally fair (or Equally unfair...)
Old May 25, 2018, 08:54 AM

in that case, Nintendo should make EMPTY staff roll for all their games =)
Old May 25, 2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
in that case, Nintendo should make EMPTY staff roll for all their games =)
You know, I am sure that some companies, at the management level, have wanted to do that for a loooooong time.
But it would go too far, and they would loose (good) creators...