VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Product (Anime) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:16 PM

Is there no album released for this anime?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:21 PM

not yet, the anime has been announced some days ago, but without a precise date
albums will come, it's sure
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:15 AM

And I think perhaps we should stop adding a product without any album to link (not criticizing anyone, as I did it in the past, accidently or otherwise) since by stretching it we could add any game or anime and make this database to a general video or anime database. If we can't help but speculate the release year to make it listed in a proper order, then one could say it's not what the system would expect to allow.

I know consecutive IDs for one whole franchise is somewhat beautiful and for a major anime we don't need to worry about its future CD releases at all though.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:24 AM

what's the point of adding a product now or in months since it'll be added regardless
I started to add this franchise so why not adding the whole thing, at least it'll be made and won't be to make
I don't get your reasoning

I added this one because I know it'll have albums and singles
it's not as if I added it for fun and some products can be added for informing the fact it can not have any albums avoiding the visitor to search hours for an album that doesn't exist
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
what's the point of adding a product now or in months since it'll be added regardless
I started to add this franchise so why not adding the whole thing, at least it'll be made and won't be to make
I don't get your reasoning
By this logic, we would be allowed to add to this database every composer who a big game company just hired or every new seiyuu who just made a debut via a major talent agency, because we expect they will surely be credited in albums, ...in the near future. A boy who believes he'll be a big name in the industry could create his own entry here before proving himself, if it may be as certain to him as an OP single of Saki will be released.

Again, this entry is not the first one and I don't intend to single this entry out; You know less discussion is made to product submissions, so I took this place. If nobody else disagree, it'd be okay to add products without no albums to link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
some products can be added for informing the fact it can not have any albums avoiding the visitor to search hours for an album that doesn't exist
Yeah, that's about the only case it makes sense to have a product without any release, especially when it's part of the major franchise that otherwise has massive CD releases.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
By this logic, we would be allowed to add to this database every composer who a big game company just hired or every new seiyuu who just made a debut via a major talent agency, because we expect they will surely be credited in albums, ...in the near future. A boy who believes he'll be a big name in the industry could create his own entry here before proving himself, if it may be as certain to him as an OP single of Saki will be released.
lol wat?
man, I only speak about products and about products sure will get albums, it's just a matter of time before it's out that's all

you didn't make that remark for "Lightning Returns: FFXIII" and it was added long before that saki zenkoku-hen (and the game is not even out)
so what? I'll be curious to know your excuse for that entry

edit: I just noticed your "FF Versus XIII", this one is even worse (release date is 0: I guess it was out when jesus was born )

Last edited by Phonograph; Nov 8, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
you didn't make that remark for "Lightning Returns: FFXIII" and it was added long before that saki zenkoku-hen (and the game is not even out)
so what? I'll be curious to know your excuse for that entry
As I said, I'm not singling out this entry. I'm very okay to move this discussion to another product, if you get it so personal.

Quote:
edit: I just noticed your "FF Versus XIII", this one is even worse (release date is 0: I guess it was out when jesus was born )
How worse? It has an album to link, and the release date was rather supposed to be "null", because nobody didn't assume the release date. The 0 was added by the system.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:23 PM
Trusted Editor

Just add the damn products when there's actually album coming, makes it all better.

Which means we probably should deactivate or hide products that currently are in database waiting for album release information. And stop adding 'empty' products. Makes it all better.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:34 PM

never mind

Last edited by Phonograph; Nov 8, 2012 at 05:58 PM.