VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 22, 2013, 06:24 AM

Default Suggestion: Allow members to add products/franchises

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement it, but if it were possible, could adding products/franchises be enabled for normal members? There are some products we would like to add.
Old May 22, 2013, 07:19 AM

We have very fewer members interested in product submission than albums, so it's definitely nice to have rely on public submission, but on the other hand perhaps we actually have no member to moderate them. I realized I was about the only one who minded unofficial translation, macron, roomanaizeesyon (e.g. Fainaru Fantazii) or a hasty addition of a game that was just announced yesterday with no announce of album releases, and was fussed about whether a port/remake/blah was a release or not, so I stopped complaining. Maybe we don't possess any consensus to establish any form of moderation criterion, to begin with, and that's the areas we let everybody to do what we like.
Old May 22, 2013, 07:49 AM

if it's just products, why not
by "moderate", you mean checking info or accepting it? (coz the latter is out of my range)

(but I'll be against allowing labels)