VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:49 PM

Might want to link Yui Yamamoto to her artist page, assuming they're the same person.

http://vgmdb.net/artist/5514
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:54 PM

Updated tracklist. The "featuring vocal" part isn't apart of the names of he songs. Can probably delete the duplicate English tracklist as well, as in the one that isn't set to default.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 01:03 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBgov1133 View Post
Updated tracklist. The "featuring vocal" part isn't apart of the names of he songs. Can probably delete the duplicate English tracklist as well, as in the one that isn't set to default.
It's as much a part of the track title as "Piano ver." is a part of the track title. Same font, same size, etc.

Reverted.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 03:03 PM

Alright. Still not really part of the title at all, but whatever seems better for VGMdb, I guess.

If we're going by the booklet, the "featuring vocal" part is separated by a larger space than the "Piano ver." part. It's pretty obvious by looking at that image.

Add in that every reprint of these songs done have it after it kind of reinforces this, though reprints do have different track names sometimes so it's not a strong point.

But whatever you guys want I guess. I'm not running the site so I'll leave it up to you guys!

EDIT: This might have came off wrong. I didnt intend to sound rude at all, sorry if it comes off like that.

Last edited by MBgov1133; Dec 8, 2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 04:32 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBgov1133 View Post
Alright. Still not really part of the title at all, but whatever seems better for VGMdb, I guess.

If we're going by the booklet, the "featuring vocal" part is separated by a larger space than the "Piano ver." part. It's pretty obvious by looking at that image.

Add in that every reprint of these songs done have it after it kind of reinforces this, though reprints do have different track names sometimes so it's not a strong point.

But whatever you guys want I guess. I'm not running the site so I'll leave it up to you guys!

EDIT: This might have came off wrong. I didnt intend to sound rude at all, sorry if it comes off like that.
I believe it is intended to be a part of the title. Ignoring the booklet, even Sawano's website includes "featuring" in the names: http://www.sawanohiroyuki.com/works-original.html
Old Dec 12, 2016, 02:00 PM

Alright, I guess that's fine.

My only gripe with the official site is that it lists the "featuring" part in parentheses, rather than tildes. It also seems that there's a lack of a space between "Blue Dragon" and "(Piano Ver.)" in the tracklist. Not sure if it's a typo or not, but it seems like it's trying to emphasise that the Piano Ver. part is part of the song name, whereas the others are just stating the vocalist name. That's my interpretation, at least.

But I mean, if we're going by online sources, most of them don't actually list the "featuring" part, or at least not in the same way as in the booklet. Specifically, iTunes Japan doesn't list it with the "featuring" in the title. Instead it lists the vocalist in the artist section, which is similar to how most other Sawano albums are. I mean, even JASRAC doesn't list it with that, and it's rather listed as "fiore" or "Voice of Light" there.

I know I shouldn't rely on the metadata, but when I imported it, there was only one tracklist I could choose to import it with, which contained "Hiroyuki Sawano Feat. <Vocalist Name>" in the artist section, and the song titles without the "featuring" part.

Though I'll leave it up to your decision I guess.