VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 27, 2015, 01:43 AM

This can also be purchased digitally on Steam for $4.99 USD since yesterday (May 26, 2015) and contains the same tracks. It comes in FLAC, WAV, and MP3 (VBR V2, Lame 3.99r).

EDIT: Huh, I didn't know we were accepting Steam/Valve album entries now...

Last edited by cstrife0777; May 27, 2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:22 PM

Anyone know where this release is from? It uses the same cover as the steam release, however the back shows that it has an additional track (#26 "I'm Frau") which isn't featured on the previous releases. I'm not sure if it was part of a Limited Run Games collector's set or not, the collector's edition for the "Overdrive" version of the game seems to have come with an alternative soundtrack which featured FM versions of all the tracks instead. Outside the addition of "Overdrive" to the logo the album art is the same, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that the former was also part of a LRG release, either way neither album seems to have a page on the site so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Sep 10, 2019 at 02:02 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 05:17 PM

I ended up buying the CD on ebay recently and it doesn't appear to have a catalog number, which further leads me to assuming that it must have been a part of this Limited Run Games release. The weird thing about it though is that both the regular and Overdrive releases have the "Overdrive" version of the soundtrack in the image, not sure if that was just an oversight or something.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 08:11 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
Anyone know where this release is from? It uses the same cover as the steam release, however the back shows that it has an additional track (#26 "I'm Frau") which isn't featured on the previous releases. I'm not sure if it was part of a Limited Run Games collector's set or not, the collector's edition for the "Overdrive" version of the game seems to have come with an alternative soundtrack which featured FM versions of all the tracks instead. Outside the addition of "Overdrive" to the logo the album art is the same, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that the former was also part of a LRG release, either way neither album seems to have a page on the site so I figured it was worth mentioning.
I got a copy of the physical CD release of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive, which came with the Limited Run Games collectors edition. I've made an entry for it on the site and added images for everything. I'm still not sure where that physical copy without the "Overdrive" text comes from though. As you said, there may have been a LRG release of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (not the Overdrive one) that had a physical soundtrack as well.

Here's the link to the album's new page on here:

https://vgmdb.net/album/90539