VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 25, 2009, 01:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor

More info:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1222291_1124.html

So far, Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques and Tommy Tallarico are the composers.
http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2009/02/...swered-part-1/
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
So far, Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques and Tommy Tallarico are the composers.
Indeed. I also read Howard Drossin will be part of the team, which would be a nice comeback to the series.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:33 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Wow. This looks like it's going to be interesting. I hope that the music is of or near the same quality as the Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Original Soundtracks (some of my favorites).
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:43 AM

Funnily enough, I never would have imagined I would see these three Sonic game music "pillars" in the same game. Very, very promising, to say the least.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 06:21 PM

Now, if only we had Masato Nakamura. >.>

Anyways, added a picture without the Kotaku logo, courtesy of CDJapan.com.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:19 AM

Out of curiosity, where are you guys picking up SEGA releases that aren't on CD Japan or VGMworld? Third party importers?
Old May 1, 2009, 04:42 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

After listening to the entire album, I'm going to have to pass on this one. I don't know what it is but, Sonic music isn't as good as it used to be. This is just my opinion, but, ever since Sonic Heroes OST, Sonic music has gone a little downhill in terms of style, much of it just isn't catchy. My favorite Sonic OSTs are still Sonic Adventure "Digi-log Conversation" Original Sound Track and SONIC ADVENTURE 2 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK multi-dimensional.

I will say that the arrange album is pretty decent, I quite like the remix to Seven Rings in Hand.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 02:56 AM

So does the first pressing sleeve house this album as well as the vocal album Face to Faith? Just wondering what the first press sleeve exactly is...
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:30 PM
Trusted Editor

it's on iTunes now, in two parts.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:05 AM

Oh look, Sega milking Sonic fans for as much money as they can, what a surprise. >:|
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin View Post
So does the first pressing sleeve house this album as well as the vocal album Face to Faith? Just wondering what the first press sleeve exactly is...
Sorry for such a late reply, but no, the first-print sleeve houses the soundtrack and then has a piece of cardboard next to it to fill the empty space. The sleeve is big enough to house both soundtracks if you have both, though; the placeholder is easily removed.