VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:10 PM

First off, apologies for the accidental second English tracklist, if someone wouldn't mind removing that it'd be appreciated. But I'd appreciate a bit of help on a few of these translations/wordings, as some of these have phrases or specific characters I don't understand.

1-02: "雅翁" is translated on this page as "Javon", and I have no clue what that is even in context of the Monster Hunter series and the Monster in question. I kept it as "Javon" for now only becuase that link claims it as a title for the Monster but I'm certain something more accurate can replace that. The full phrase is "雅翁演舞".

1-16 & 1-18: "劫" is supposedly "Kalpa", a major period of time in Hindu and Buddhist thought, or "aeon", and I tried to apply that idea to the phrase with "eternal" or "indefinite". Both times they are used in conjunction with "焔". Any way to more accurately word the sentence in these contexts (those being "地焦がす劫焔" and "覚醒せし厄災の劫焔"?

2-19: I may be over complicating this, I took "朱涅" to mean "Blackened Vermillion" or "Blackened Scarlet", which the Monster has a fair amount of, with its appearance growing darker into the second phase of the fight, which is when this song plays. "朱涅の怒龍に挑む"

3-1~4: Monster Hunter Frontier Z introduced "Zenith Monsters" (辿異) and I assumed "異ヲ辿リシモノ" was just an alternate way of saying the same thing, as with it's inclusion in "迫リ着キシ異相".

3-10~11: "嶽キ焔ヲ迎エ撃チシ戦歌" I think I got this one correct based on the context (events know as "Monster Invasions" and also a Monster majorly revolving around fire) but I'm not totally confident in it.

3-17: "灼零" is the title of a monster (Elzelion) that is half fire and half ice. I can't really think of another way to write this, maybe someone else can. "猛る灼零" is the context.

Any help is appreciated. Also, I spoke in another discussion (found here) about the translation of the Monster names, adding this for anyone wondering.