VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 1, 2013, 02:49 PM
Trusted Editor

I was wondering who this other composer SSS-Solid State Signal-OOOPS TEAM WEEDS might be? Or is this just some joke / play with words?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 03:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ciel nosurge is included in Yu Shimoda's Japanese Wikipedia article, but I don't know if it's just him or multiple people as the name seems to imply.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 04:07 PM

Both Yu Shimoda and SSS-Solid Whatever are separately credited in the staff role though.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 07:09 PM

As far as I know, Yu Shimoda made some compositions for the game, but none of them were featured on this album.
Additionally, anyone who has the game could check up the jukebox that was given with the lastest update, as that also allows to check which artist composed each specific song.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 04:07 PM
Trusted Editor

I hope they put some of his music on Vol. 2 then! Also if someone has access to the game, a composer info breakdown would be very much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm very pleased how the soundtrack turned out. It has everything that I loved (and still love) about the first Ar tonelico score, and even more.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 05:40 PM

Ok, here's a composer breakdown according to a friend of mine that sent me screenshots straight from the game. However, it's terribly incomplete, as the jukebox only has a few songs initially, while others are added either through the game's Quasar mechanic or as DLC:

Ion's Room - Yu Shimoda (not in the soundtrack)

Cosmic City - SSS-Solid State Signal-OOPS TEAM WEEDS
Manjusara - Akiko Shikata
Let's Join Our Hands! - SSS-Solid State Signal-OOPS TEAM WEEDS
Peaceful Times - Akiko Shikata
A Small Flower - SSS-Solid State Signal-OOPS TEAM WEEDS
RELUXISM - SSS-Solid State Signal-OOPS TEAM WEEDS
Genometrics - Akiko Shikata
Flask Sea - Akiko Shikata

That's all for now. I've asked my friend to keep me updated on this whenever new songs are added to the menu (at least for non-DLC ones), so I'll drop updates on this whenever something new appears.