VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:37 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Looks like someone uploaded the image from the iTunes version of the soundtrack. Does anyone who has iTunes know if the tracklisting is the same as this version?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 09:49 AM

No clue if this image comes from the itunes version, but since the other one is just a crapy photo I thought it's worth putting it here. Found it on the credited website.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 03:36 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I'd say both versions got the same tracklist.
The actual vgmdb "2007 version tracklist" comes from the blizzcon promo.

The "listenable" version floatting around the web comes from iTunes (since we never got our hands on the blizzcon one).. and it got the same tracklist.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

"Taverns of Azeroth" isn't an expansion or anything, this CD is a collection of tavern music from WoW, so I removed that part from the game title. It may be that some of these tracks are from expansions, that I don't know.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:25 PM

Yeah, that's the same cover image as the physical. Same track listing. And it's from taverns in WoW and TBC.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
"Taverns of Azeroth" isn't an expansion or anything, this CD is a collection of tavern music from WoW, so I removed that part from the game title. It may be that some of these tracks are from expansions, that I don't know.
David Arkenstone didn't work on the original WoW soundtrack (2004). He came on board for "Burning Crusade" (2007).
For example, WoWWiki clarifies that the Temple of the Moon got new music with a patch after the Burning Crusade expansion had been released (Nov. 2007).
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.3.0/U..._changes#Sound
http://youtu.be/pXVlQoDCcJU

I'm assuming that means track 19 on this album was that new music, but I don't know for sure. Could anyone clear this up? Would it make any sense for the game association to also include Burning Crusade, or was the patch update something that worked with WoW even if you didn't buy the Burning Crusade expansion (my safe assumption)?

Last edited by Liontamer; Aug 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 07:24 AM

Received "sealed"