VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Should Junko Shiratsu, Richard Jacques, and Saori Kobayashi be added to the Sega Sound Team entry?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:42 AM

It's useful if we're able to link a unit and individuals, without putting someone who is hardly seen as part of the unit to the member list. A similar thing happens here. Methinks, the "SEGA" here rather represents the right holders than the composers.

Plus, before linking artists, the current detected breakdown might need more scrutiny. Unless it's a medley, wouldn't we credit four or five artists to just one track anymore? (I'm talking of 1-02, 1-13, 1-14).
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I didn't notice that. Luckily, most of those composers aren't linked. I removed the one who was. I think it's fine to list a group of composers as long as it's clear that they are the game composers, and as long as they aren't linked. Not sure what to do about the arrangers.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 01:55 PM

The #gamemp3s release translates the subtitle of this album as "Saturn was our Youth" instead of "Saturn was Young".
I don't know nearly enough Japanese to say which one is more faithful to the original, but it seems to make more sense that way.