VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:06 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Woo, Rising Star Games did an awful job on the soundtrack.

This is not the same version as the US "THE KING OF SOUNDTRACKS '94-XIII".
It's a different master, the quality of the music is definitly lower than the US version, the tracks from discs 1, 2 and 4 all cuts abruptly.. they did not care to add fade out effects.
The Disc 3 is a reprint of "KOF 15th Anniversary Special Soundtrack" with 4 more (arranged) tracks.

The packaging of the discs is also of lower quality (it's an "accordion" white cardboard sleeve, and the 4 cds are not pictured like the US ones.

I know that poeple says the European Collector's Edition is better because it got additional stuff (poster, Art Bonus Disc) etc... but the soundtrack is ruined.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:14 AM

Indeed, it's a shame, really... I'm really disappointed. Even the artwork on the front is kind of blurred. What the heck with that ?...
The packaging is really poor, as you said.

I didn't give a damn about the poster and the art bonus disc ;_;

Last edited by Api-Vat; Dec 6, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:59 PM

I'm editing some of the notes which don't say anything about disc 3 and the different mastering.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM

The reason I have this soundtrack, is because I won a goodiebag at a little tournament.
At first I thought it was a bootleg album (because of the cheap cover), but apperently it's official..
Old Oct 23, 2017, 05:02 AM

back in cd can found RISING0001/CD1 to CD4 is that somekind catalog number or other stuff ?