VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

A .5 rating from one person, and a game name like that? What's the deal with this one?

I GOTS TO KNOW!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That was the guy who rated every Koichi Sugiyama album a 0.5. I guess he really doesn't like him.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
VGMdb Staff

Not to worry Larry, the game isn't as sacrilegious as the title might lead you to believe. "Jesus" actually refers to the space station in which the game takes place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
That was the guy who rated every Koichi Sugiyama album a 0.5. I guess he really doesn't like him.
Jesus.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
That reminds me of a feature I'd love to see (which would also make the above harder to achieve): How about listing all rated album by a visitor in a single list where he can then tweak the order of the favoured albums from most to least. The album ratings could then be counted relatively (best = 5, worst = 0.5, everything in between according to maths) instead with absolute numbers in 0.5 steps, and no high amount of albums could get exactly the same rating by a single person. And people may be more encourage to keep the list up to date as well as checking out other stuff.

Last edited by Datschge; Dec 23, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I think the ability to view all of a person's votes is going to be part of the improvements to the profile pages. The ability to edit your votes on one page is a good idea too.

I don't agree that we should be worried about someone's intentions when voting. They should be allowed to rate an album how they wish for any reason. In this case it was a protest vote for Sugiyama's politics, but in the end, such votes are mostly outliers, and won't have much of an impact on the album rating. We just need to get more ratings.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 01:25 PM

I added partial scans. I skipped many of the pages in the booklet, since they are sheet music and I wanted to save some time as well.
Old May 28, 2014, 01:28 PM

I think track 2 could be alternatively called, "Violet, The Color of Love ~ A Sweet Embrace."
I'll be trying and seeing of there's anything else I could fix on this album's translation. Possibly a few others as well.
Old May 28, 2014, 05:15 PM

Improvements are always welcome and yours sure seems like an improvement. Go for it if you have a good understanding of Japanese. I know many of the translations for old albums by major composers are sub-par and in need of updating. Someone called one like this a "Ye Olde Translation" and I think that's a good way of putting it.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 06:01 PM
Trusted Editor

- Fixed English translations
- Fixed typos in Japanese tracklist
- Removed written furigana in Japanese tracklist
- Removed subtitles from Japanese tracklist (they are subtitles in the book). Here it is for reference:
Quote:
06 虚空への前奏 〈虚空への前奏死神の影
07 ジーザスにて 〈蒼い無限甘い抱擁菫色の愛きらめく瞳夢の中の二人
08 コメットへ~対決 〈空の果てへ迫り来る危機甦える侵入者
09 再会 〈生命への讃歌
10 脱出 〈空の果て
11 芳花 〈帰還鎮魂歌
12 館内放送 〈空の果てへきらめく瞳
13 死神の影 〈死神の影甦える侵入者
14 勝利の旋律 〈崩れ行く都市死神の影勝利の旋律去り行く者達生命への讃歌
15 エンディング 〈蒼い無限
Highlights in green are just reused from main track titles, use the existing English for those. Highlights in yellow are new, here is a breakdown for them.

きらめく瞳 = Sparkling Eyes
夢の中の二人 = Two People in a Dream
迫り来る危機 = Imminent Crisis
生命への讃歌 = Hymn for Life
帰還 = Return