VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 31, 2009, 03:25 PM

Default Jade Cocoon-essay

So, I'm currently attending musicology classes at the University of Stockholm, Sweden and I just finished my first larger essay, ~14 pages on the soundtrack for Jade Cocoon!

It's mainly an analysis using both music theory, describing of the music and talking about the music in context. It covers just a few of the soundtrack's many tracks but I chose some I thought were representative for the OST as a whole.

The thought is that I'll eventually translate this (with some help) to english and make it publically avaliable. Until then, however, the Swedish version is avaliable for anyone who speaks Swedish. Since I know some of you guys do, I'm linking it here for anyone to read. A word of caution though, it might contain some unconventional grammar since this is the "first final version". If anyone finds any errors or such, please point them out so I can change them!

Anyway, link for my Swedish-speaking friends: http://anosou.com/Ljudet%20av%20jade.pdf

I'll update this post as soon as I've translated it to English but don't expect that anytime soon, I've got too much work atm :/

For anyone who reads it, I hope you'll enjoy it and that it was informative! For anyone who doesn't, screw you! For anyone waiting for the translation, thanks for showing interest!