VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Is this the same printing of the soundtrack as listed here?
http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundt...talog=none_128
Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:55 PM

The back of it says IAH Games. Have they bought the Granado Espada license for america? If yes, it's probably the same soundtrack, reproduced by IAH Games, but I'm not sure.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It's most likely a new printing. The release date for that one is much later.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:23 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

I must say that this is a truly awesome VGM soundtrack, it's among the best! soundTeMP did an such an excellent job, not to take away from the other artists involved in this soundtrack.

Q: The second volume was exclusively a digital release, correct? Some time ago, I read somewhere on the official website that they were going to come out with another soundtrack but there were no details as to what would be the format.

Anyway, I highly recommend this soundtrack, especially if You're into Trance music.

5/5
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:06 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Indeed, my friend, Vol.2 was a digital-only release. Full details plus a review I wrote found here:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=464

Vol.1 is a far better collection of music, but it seems you already acknowledge its awesomeness. Vol.2 is...interesting. I liked it a lot, but it might not suit your tastes. Note the non-Asian composers in the mix.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:16 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Thanks for the info, Ramza.

Although I really really like the music to this album, I'm accustomed to listening to many types of music, from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 to the wonderful vocals of Risa Ohki from Final Fantasy Vocal collections. I'm pretty sure, after hearing some samples online, that I'm going to like vol 2.

Edit In what formats is this soundtrack being offered? I've seen some tracks from this game offered in .wav format and .mp3 format from around the internet, does iTunes give persons this option?

Last edited by KeyLogic; Apr 18, 2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 01:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

When you order music from iTunes, it's always MPEG 4 (m4a) audio isn't it?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, but only for iTunes Plus releases. These files are 256kbps. Non-iTunes Plus tracks are .m4p and only 128kbps.