VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:50 AM

Am I missing something, or does this Original "Full" Sound Version contain less music than the previously released Original Soundtrack? I'm trying to piece it together, but... there's just so many names changes and possible arrangements that I can't make any sense of it.

There's more music on the other one, that much is for sure. Is there less of the actual game's music present or something...?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 04:12 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't have the right words to say it.. but "Full Sound Version" does not have any relation in term of number of tracks or "completeness".

The music is slighty different.. some may use the term of "advanced instrumentation".
Hope someone can correct me if i am wrong or have a definitive definition for this kind of work.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:42 AM

Wouldn't that make it an arrangement? Or is it still technically close enough to the original sound?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Am I missing something, or does this Original "Full" Sound Version contain less music than the previously released Original Soundtrack? I'm trying to piece it together, but... there's just so many names changes and possible arrangements that I can't make any sense of it.

There's more music on the other one, that much is for sure. Is there less of the actual game's music present or something...?

From what I understand, "full" sound versions refer to music that was made before it had to be compressed to fit on the CD/DVD/cartridge/etc.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance got a "full" sound release, along with the "compressed" originals. Check here: http://vgmdb.net/album/17

Another one is Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, which is called "Violence Killer" in Japan.

The only way to verify this sort of thing (with great certainty) is to have thoroughly played the game itself. When I listened to the Violence Killer album, I was in pure awe, since it sounded supercharged or "full".
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
The music is slighty different.. some may use the term of "advanced instrumentation".
Hope someone can correct me if i am wrong or have a definitive definition for this kind of work.
Well, I did find a scan I had saved of the credits. It's kind of hard to read, but good enough.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 09:27 AM

Just like Landstalker (VICL-5179) this is an arrangement album.
In the sense that it's different from the music you hear in the actual game.

Also contrary to the Landstalker album, this Full Sound Version of Panzer Dragoon really doesn't sound as good as the in-game music. [/personal_opinion]