VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 15, 2018, 06:19 AM
Trusted Editor

Has anyone seen any additional information on this yet? I've been waiting for some sort of SQEX email but I've yet to see any sort of collector's edition announcement. Just the SQEX Online Store PC version (Steam) and the GameStop PS4 physical versions (not CE)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:23 AM

maybe exclusive only to the jp e-store physical version?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
maybe exclusive only to the jp e-store physical version?
Sonofa I think you're right, how ridiculous.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/SE_E0845.html

Quote:
・サウンドトラック
『コレクターズ エディション アレンジトラックス』
作曲家・菊田裕樹氏新規アレンジによる聖剣伝説2のアレンジCD。
特製ポップアップブックのシーンと合わせて楽しめる、ここでしか聴くことの出来ないコレクターズエディショ ンバージョンのアレンジを4曲収録。
I'm not spending $200 for 4 tracks. *removes from wish list*
Old Jan 15, 2018, 04:05 PM

I would think there's a solid chance those tracks will be included on the new OST release, no?

EDIT: Nvm, hadn't bothered to read the Japanese text, which said they're exclusive to the Game CE. Yeah, that really sucks.

Last edited by Psychonotes; Jan 15, 2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 04:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the last line basically says "Enjoy these 4 exclusive Collector's Edition arrange songs and enjoy it together with the special pop-up scene book.", so no, I don't think they will be included.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 05:11 PM

If we're lucky, some Japanese buyers might buy collection and then sell the parts piecemeal on YJA.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:15 AM

Given how the official remake OST was such a mixed bag, what are the impressions of this release?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:47 AM

My guess is that these four will be leftover/unused duplicates intended for the remake, making them equal or lower in quality to the remake OST. Even if they were produced after the fact, why would SQEX outshine their own game? I'll withhold judgement until I hear it myself, though.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 04:28 PM

Hi! Um, someone gifted me the collectors edition, and the CD came with a tracklist. It's in Japanese and English...sort of. Like track one is "[Japanese Track Name] "In an Illustrated World" with a subheading of "[English Track Name] Illustrated". Am I allowed to submit a track list or what not for this, and if so, what is the proper protocol?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 04:30 PM
Trusted Editor

You can submit one and it will get approved but if you can't type Japanese you can just provide an image and someone else can enter it or look it up.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 04:39 PM

All right, thank you. I am able to type it in Japanese, so I just put both titles on one line. Please edit it if need be, I can give a picture of the track list if need be.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 04:41 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrai View Post
All right, thank you. I am able to type it in Japanese, so I just put both titles on one line. Please edit it if need be, I can give a picture of the track list if need be.
Thanks, looks fine. I just split it up into English / Japanese and I found some more info here: https://bitgamers.net/review-secretofmana-sp/. Looks like a really nice CE.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 09:10 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I found the CD listed separate from the full LE set on Y!J. So I'll do full packaging scans at some point. Unless someone beats me to it.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 03:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Scans up.

It was one thing for Kikuta-san's liner notes to be translated to English for the 3 disc OST. It was quite the surprise to find his liner notes *again* in English on this rarity.

It's a mini-essay on pop-up illustration and the game's transition from 2D to 3D. I really like it.