VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > Game Remixes Forum Archive 2009-2012
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:23 PM

Default More updates available

I won't be available this weekend, so I decided to push up the originally planned Friday release to today. In this release, the following five issues were resolved:

#124 Sort by influences in grids: It is now possible to click on the "Influences" bar at the top of any song grids listing that contains it and the list will be sorted by VGMdb album name.
#123 Remove large image from frontpage: Several community members disliked having to scroll past the large image on the front page. It was removed, and added as a mostly transparent background image instead.
#122 "Back" and "Forward" buttons do not function as expected with AJAX grids: Previously, if a user was browsing for songs and pressed "back," (s)he was returned to the first page of the results; now, sort and search options are saved.
#116 Shawnphase reports "Remember me" function for registered user sessions broken: This feature has been fixed.
#120 Grids don't display indication of searching: Some community members were confused that clicking the AJAX buttons on the grids appeared to do nothing. A grey "loading" screen was added to indicate to the user that processing was occurring.

You might need to clear your browser's cache to see the latest changes.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:37 PM

Default New songs this week

Do all new songs from the current week appear in this section on the main page, or just some? The reason that I ask is because my latest song, from Mario's Tennis, does not appear here. I made a slight change to the title of the track so that it included the name of the game and the system; maybe this caused a glitch?

If you've already mentioned this problem elsewhere, then please excuse my ignorance.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Toad View Post
Do all new songs from the current week appear in this section on the main page, or just some? The reason that I ask is because my latest song, from Mario's Tennis, does not appear here. I made a slight change to the title of the track so that it included the name of the game and the system; maybe this caused a glitch?

If you've already mentioned this problem elsewhere, then please excuse my ignorance.
Hmmm, thanks for pointing this out. There's some bug with uploading that is causing willrock to not have his songs renamed to the correct filenames after he uploads them. I wonder if this bug has anything do with it.

I'll take a look at it tonight. I was away all weekend, and noticed this on Friday, but didn't have access to the Internet while I was away.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:58 PM

Default Found source

I found the source of this problem. Thanks for your suggestion - the steps to reproduce the problem do seem to be as simple as editing the song without revising it. Browser or OS doesn't matter. I even figured out that the creation time of the songs is being set to NULL, which explains why they aren't showing up in the last 7 days.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out why the times are NULL, so tomorrow I'm going to add database constraints that will cause the site to crash when a user does something that would cause this type of corruption. Then, instead of corruption appearing and there being no record of what actually caused it, the user will get a 500 error and it will be obvious what action caused the problem. Hopefully, the addition of constraints with this strategy will provide more information on the "broken links" bug as well.

Update: I released a fix (bug #126) and it's already on the production server. I did both what I said above as well as discovered the original cause of the issue. Editing songs should not be a problem anymore, although I suspect the issue with broken links is different than this one.

Last edited by quintin3265; Aug 19, 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Updated with release info