VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:29 AM

I want to know what's our current policy on a digital release. I think some members once decided not to give it an entry if there is no difference in the tracklist and just to mention it in the Note of the physical release (unless it has its own catalog number). I know we still have some exact same iTunes reprint entries (even added by me), but I think the said stance is pretty reasonable.

I don't say anyone is doing wrong, since it's ultimately our fault that we have lacked any solid policy so far. I just think it's a time to promulgate one.

Plus, in this case, a link to iTunes page was rejected from the physical release entry, so I guess that's why this album was submitted.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

A regular note is not good enough IMO, you can't find them in searches.
So I think they are better on their own page (boring to add tho).

It'd be nice if we could add multiple prices/dates to unify US/JP and various store (Amazon, mora, iTunes) releases in the same page.
(plus some icon/identification in the search results page)