VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 1, 2021, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when a new page will be set up for this new soundtrack set?
Black
Red
I don't think one's been made for the bonus CD yet.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when a new page will be set up for this new soundtrack set?
You mean VGMdb pages? Those already exist.

Black: https://vgmdb.net/album/114949
Red: https://vgmdb.net/album/114950
bonus disc: https://vgmdb.net/album/115066

For whatever reason we've decided to discuss them all here though.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:35 AM

Now that I take a closer look at the tracklist, it would appear that the tracks for Rondo of Blood will likely be taken from the Dracula X Chronicles release as opposed to the Akumajo Dracula X album. I mention this mainly because the tracks do seem to sound a little different between the two releases, though it's only really noticeable on a few tracks such as Bloody Tears which also seems to have its fade-out cut off early in the DXC release. I'm not sure if one sounds closer to the in-games BGMs or anything like that though. I'm a bit curious if there will be any changes on the soundtrack for Bloodlines or not. If I recall correctly the version heard on the Akumajo Dracula X album sounds a bit different then the in-game tracks, possibly the result of it being an earlier or unfinished mix of the soundtrack seeing as how said album released a year prior to Bloodlines.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
Now that I take a closer look at the tracklist, it would appear that the tracks for Rondo of Blood will likely be taken from the Dracula X Chronicles release as opposed to the Akumajo Dracula X album. I mention this mainly because the tracks do seem to sound a little different between the two releases, though it's only really noticeable on a few tracks such as Bloody Tears which also seems to have its fade-out cut off early in the DXC release. I'm not sure if one sounds closer to the in-games BGMs or anything like that though. I'm a bit curious if there will be any changes on the soundtrack for Bloodlines or not. If I recall correctly the version heard on the Akumajo Dracula X album sounds a bit different then the in-game tracks, possibly the result of it being an earlier or unfinished mix of the soundtrack seeing as how said album released a year prior to Bloodlines.
Everything seems to be straight reprints of previous albums. The decision to use the DXC release for Rondo is surely because it's the only one that included the PSG tracks in addition to the Redbook.

That original Rondo recording though sounds a lot clearer and more dynamic than what's on the DXC album, which is flat by comparison (especially noticeable on Bloody Tears). I dunno if it's because there's an actual in-game difference in mastering between the TGCD and PSP versions, but it's possible they flattened the sound out for the handheld version.