VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:42 AM

I am confused. Isn't this Music Dojo 2? At least, this entry is using the cover for Music Dojo 2. The tracklist for this entry is different to what's shown on other websites.

This page has the release as Music Dojo 2 with a different cat # of PCCG-00193:
http://www.furinkan.com/ranma/music/tvmusic.html
.. while this page (also calling it Music Dojo 2) uses the same PCCG-00013 cat # as this vgmdb entry (though the tracklist is still different):
http://www.ranmamusic.com/cd.php?search=PCCG-00013:

The cover is the same universally. Doesn't add up. What's going on?

(also, thanks a lot for adding the Ranma albums)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

This entry matches the set of scans we have, so I think it is correct. The cover doesn't say Music Dojo 2 on it anywhere, unlike D27G-1003 which does.

It's possible the extra tracks were added on the bootleg release.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:22 AM
VGMdb Advisor

That's correct. "Music Dojo 2" is a fan title to make clear that this is actually the second original soundtrack that contains the BGM, or so I suppose.

As for the catalog numbers. There are two editions of this soundtrack. The first came out in 1990 (this entry). Two years later, Pony Canyon released the soundtrack again but simplier packaged and to a cheaper price (PCCG-00193). They did this with almost all Ranma 1/2 albums.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:28 AM

The tracklist is messed up on this, on the US release (not on VGMDB....nor at the other five it looks like) at least. It claims to have only 19 tracks but it's actually 27 on the disc. The timings match up when putting tracks together as they are listed (except in one case where two tracks from the 19 tracks list are combined into one track).
I have no idea if the Japanese one had this problem or if they changed it for the US one...

Personally I'm much more confused at what all that credit stuff at the bottom is -- is it that there's 54 (or more) sound effects in the 5:13 track, and the musical ones except for 54 were composed by Kawai?