VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Vulcan added track descriptions but they aren't in the tracklist from the official site: http://www.team-e.co.jp/products/kdsd-00266-267.html. So unless somebody confirms these descriptions are in the album they don't belong here IMO.
Similarly the site has "elebratory Drink" instead of "Celebratory Drink", we should leave it like that.

Also, what's the deal with tracknames being fixed in the english tracklists ("ESAKA !!" > "ESAKA!!", "The" >"the" and such), should we leave *exactly* like the original or not?. I ask this because it seems to be randomly enforced. I don't really mind one way or another but we should be consistent; we need to have clearer submission guidelines.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

This could help:

http://cgi.ebay.com/King-of-Fighters...27111001r19379

"elebratory" is a mistake on the part of the official site, since the C is printed on the back (it's hard to see in that picture, but it's there). Also, the track descriptions aren't there so I'd like to know where Vulcan got those.

It is preferable to preserve capitalization and spacing, yes. I'll add submission guidelines to the tasklist.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:06 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I deleted both tracklists that were wrong, and resubmitted the correct japanese one.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I reversed a bunch of new edits. According to most sites, tracks 13, 17, and 18 are in the correct order. If this order is incorrect, I think we'll need to see a back scan to prove it.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 04:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It's a bit hard to see from back scan in the link Gigablah posted, but we have the correct order. I also checked the game's sound test and the songs match to the soundtrack.

In the game's staff roll Yasufumi Fukuda, Makoto Asai, Teruo Konishi and Twofive are all under "music". Anybody knows why Twofive is listed here as the arranger?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 03:24 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Once again, english tracklist have been modified with these brackets optional informations..
They are clearly NOT in the back cover or in any Japanese tracklist i found so far. So why do you guys keep adding them ?

Editing these whitout any explanation dosn't help.. this is tiring.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 04:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Apparently someone approved the tracklist edits without checking? (this shouldn't have happened...)

I've moved the information in brackets to the notes section.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 06:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm very confused about the credits of this album. In the booklet (as always, thanks to Myrkul for scans), I don't see any credits of the composers, only liner notes of Yasufumi Fukuda and Dr. Neo Geo (ネオジオ博士). However, the game credits also mentions Makoto Asai, Teruo Konishi and Twofive, but all of them are credited as Music & Sound without specifying the roles.

Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:58 AM

The real spelling, according to SNK, is "Zhe Prime", so made the correction to 2.07.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Looking at the image Revoc posted I've realized there is a slightly longer separation after "Twofive". I think it's meant to be "Twofive: (Fukuda...)" which makes a lot more sense. So if nobody minds I'll unlink Twofive.

If I'm reading the liner notes correctly, Fukuda worked on 90% of the tracks (composition+arrange). So the other two guys probably contributed to one or two tracks + S.E.

Stealth edit: guess I'll drop this. For some reason 2-07 (Nameless's Theme) is missing a female chorus voice (around 0:32~048) sections compared to the game, thus it sound pretty plain in the OST. Also, 2-02 has a looping hiccup at around 1:40 (just when the original ADX loops). This person asked Team E. about it and was told it was 'not a defect'. Yeah, right.

Last edited by Dag; Jul 15, 2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Looking at the image Revoc posted I've realized there is a slightly longer separation after "Twofive". I think it's meant to be "Twofive: (Fukuda...)" which makes a lot more sense. So if nobody minds I'll unlink Twofive.
It's common to credit a sound studio/company/etc. and then list the specific people from the company who actually did the work like that. Go for it.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:14 AM

With the release of the game on Xbox 360's Live Arcade, the sound test has given more insight into some track names. Renamed Goenitz' theme and put the opening's title in all caps.
Old May 19, 2016, 09:39 AM

that original homepage have cd2 track 07 name: Ж' (ジェープライム)
just interested what that (japans kanji says) in that track names...
Old May 19, 2016, 09:59 AM
VGMdb Staff

If I got your question right, that's just the reading in the brackets - ž (or zh, depends on the romanization standard) prime. Technically, that cyrillic ж should be romanized in the English tracklist and not left as it is (unless there's some special reason).