VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default TORA-00018~9: Winter Mix vol.04

Why blindly Romanizing names is a bad idea:
  • 来兎 is Raito, not "Rai Usagi"
  • 結月そら is Sora Yuizuki, not "Sora Yutsuki"
  • 九十九百太郎 is Hyakutaro Tsukumo, not "Momotarou Tsukumo"
  • 橋本鏡也 is Kyoya Hashimoto, not "Kagaminari Hashimoto"
  • 茶太 is Chata, not "Yutaka" (I'm not actually positive that's what Chata ended up as, but whatever it is, it's wrong)

In addition, there are artists listed here that either aren't in the entry at all, or have their names so butchered that I can't find them (pixelbee, Ryouki Ruou, etc.). And there are some artists in the entry that I can't find on the Tora no Ana site or the scans, like Rodriguez Nobu and kudo (ones which I'm pretty sure aren't butchered somewhere). Don't want to make changes until I'm 100% sure who actually worked on this album. More info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CHz; Apr 4, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 06:37 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Are these Winter Mixes compilations from other sources, or are they all original? Anyway, since they are mostly hentai game artists, we can probably find out some of their real names in our own database. Regardless, we probably need to start over with a clean slate on that album.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm guessing they're new compilations instead of just collections of tracks from elsewhere, but I don't know for sure.

I think all of the Winter Mix albums need to be taken a look at. For instance, on volume two, I'm a bit skeptical on some of the credits, like Yu Shimoda and S.S.H in the performance section. Heck, on volume three, everyone is in performance and nowhere else.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:36 PM
VGMdb Advisor

They are all original tracks composed for the Winter Mix cds, done for the Toranoana doujin shop

Sometimes you'll find remixes or revisions of the songs produced for WM cds on later works, especially in MintJam's case